Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chris's Gift to Me...

A Surprise Birthday Party!


Of course, since it was a *surprise*, I didn't have my camera along with me to take pictures! Thankfully, my sister, Devon, took the picture of our birthday cake and emailed it to me! (The cake was made by my aunt! Her frosting is my favorite!) My friend, Heather, and I both celebrated our 30th birthdays this month. Both of our husbands are named Chris...so the pair of Chris' have been conniving and planning this all out! They also had the help of other friends (who held it at their house). They have been so sneaky about it all (in a good way)....it was so thoughtful! Many of our friends and family were there! It was so nice. Despite the fact that I felt quite duped...I was over-whelmingly blessed! 

Unfortunately, I have been fighting a bit of a headache today...so as we pulled up our friends driveway, I was under the assumption that we wouldn't be staying long. When I saw some cars I recognized (that wouldn't normally be at this house) the little gears in my mind began turning. As Chris and I walked up to the house...I could hear a round of *Surprise!*. I truly felt loved and special. It was such a kind thing for them to do. I am still battling a bit of a headache and need to go rest...but I wanted to, quickly, share this with you....I was so excited to tell about it. It isn't every day you turn 30 and get a surprise party! :)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, from each of you, as well! 
Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

9 comments:

  1. That is so sweet.

    Hope your head feels better!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th! =D Sounds like it was a fun one! Hope the headache goes away soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful day! A very happy 30th birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just wonderful Katy, what a special gift from Chris - I tell you the word surprise does not exist in my house. I dare not give details of any surprise events or gifts to the younger ones because they cannot help but give out clues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh How Special and Sweet
    Happy Birthday ....
    Hope those headaches go away
    soon for you !!!!

    Wram Blessings/ Hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. (singing) Happy Birthday to you!! May the next year be filled with wonderful blessings and sweet happiness that you so deserve, Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday month:) I have to say the pics from your blog header makes me feel all homey and cozy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better. Pretty and colorful cake. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, Katy!!!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy