Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Happenings

Last evening, the children and I headed down to the garden and picked green beans and corn! Our corn didn't do *great* this year...but we were able to harvest some (and hopefully more to come). Today I will be working on canning the green beans and blanching/freezing the corn. I will also stay busy with housework and some knitting projects!


Not much time to *dawdle* but there is *always* time for a few pictures...right? ;)

Madelyn and Jaxson, playing go-fish out on the porch...



Drinking their "cold coffee" (aka: ice water)...


Chris has been busy cutting and hauling wood, for our outdoor wood stove, this winter...




Look at what he found on one of the logs...


It's a Luna Caterpillar! Isn't it just fantastic?? It is gigantic and it's little feet have strong suction cups on them! It is so neat. It will turn into an absolutely beautiful moth!! It's the first time I have ever seen one up close!

Some books to be read...


I tried one of the knitted hats I made on Eloise. It looked so cute that Devon and I decided it should definitely be her winter hat this year!


Poor girl...Auntie Katy made her wear it for quite a while (despite the fact that it is still **summer**!) Luckily for me, she didn't seem to mind one bit!


A kiss for her bunny (isn't she just as cute as a button??)...


After taking off her hat...doesn't her head just look so bare?? ;)


As much as I would love to sit and share more goings-on and thoughts of my heart...there are beans to be snapped and corn husks to be shucked. I best get busy! 

**Quickly, I just wondered if you or anyone you know has a shop (etsy or other) that you would like to sponsor my blog with (through advertising here)? I would only include places that I feel are quality and worth my readers' time. If so, please feel free to email me!**
 thecountryblossom at hotmail dot com

Have a great day and weekend ahead!!! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Warmly,
Katy  

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.  
1 Peter 1:2b

7 comments:

  1. Hope you and Your Family have a Blessed weekend!!! :)))

    The pictures are sooo cute!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog, it is so....homey and relaxing. I like your speckled coffee mugs, are they ceramic or metal and where did you find them? I have one metal blue one I use in my kitchen for my pot "scrubbies", found that at GW. This year we are putting in an outdoor furnace, little leary about it, but with the price of oil, it has got to be cheaper in the long run.

    Take Care,

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Your little niece is such a sweet little girl.
    Good luck with the picking.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold coffee...:)...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just gave away a cherry tree that we had to cut down... to bad we don't live closer.

    E is adorable in her hat! I just emptied by fun money mason jar so as soon as I fill it back up I will buying some dish clothes. Will you take special orders?

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your goodies from your garden looked yummy and looks like your DH is getting you all stocked up for the winter. I loved the pictures of your kiddos playing. I saw on your blog that you had posted about Above Rubies. I just returned from a retreat last night. It was an encouraging time.I will be posting about it when I get a chance.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, what a huge caterpillar! Never seen anything like it. I bet it will be a spectacular moth! Harvest time is my favorite time of the summer...it feels so rich and extravagant...as nature provides such a bounty for us. Enjoy putting up those beans.
    Debora

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy