Monday, August 29, 2011

Another year begins...


We are starting our home-school year today! This is our fourth year of educating at home...so I am much less anxious this year, than other years....but I *still* have that bit of excitment that comes when starting the new year! :)

Why, hello...Jack-the-Cat!


Today, Madelyn starts 4th grade, Xavier 2nd and Jaxson begins his Kindergarten year (Oh, where has the time gone!?). I am really looking forward to it! I haven't time to go on and on (like I usually do) though...for the clock is ticking and I need to pack Chris's lunch and get him sent off to work...and then get the children breakfast, do devotions with them and then begin our day's routine! 


Quickly...I wanted to let you know, that new in my shop, I have a hat I knit in the round! If interested, you can find it HERE!


And I am now working on knitting a pumpkin hat, in the round. I'll give it a stem and leaf too! :)


I hope your schooling goes well for you today (if you have started!). Thank you for visiting and a great-big thank you *in advance* for all the well-wishes that I know I am bound to get from you kind-hearted folks! I really appreciate all your encouragement, friends!
Warmly,
Katy
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new school year! I know you will do fine. My kids start up on Thursday but not at home...I just don't think I could do it. But I really think that it is wonderful for the Mom's and Dad's that do home school. Wishing you a wonderful day and school year!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you & your children this school year! Really think your knitting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started a few weeks ago, and are enjoying it a lot! It is my 18th year - I can hardly believe it! My kids are doing 7th grade, 4th grade, and 1st grade this year. It is fun to learn along side them and to get to study again some of the things I did with my older three who are all now graduated! (we had a 5 year gap between our kids!)

    Have a wonderful year!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's wishing you a productive and wonderful school year! God Bless! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with your new school year!! We start our new school year today too, hoping for a wonderful year!!

    Have a Blessed Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy!

    I bet the little pumpkin hat will be too cute! (:

    Our children have also gotten off to a great start of the school year. They always seem so eager to get going again and it's nice to be in more of a routine. We sure do enjoy this time of year. Not to mention all the fun during the high school football games...

    Smiles & well wishes sent your way and many blessings during the new school year! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy,
    It's strange to think you are just starting your school year while we are nearing 4th term here in Australia! Hope you have a lovely school year.
    Mel:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pumpkin hat! Wish I had a little one to wear it : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings on your busy week :)
    A very sweet little hat you knit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings on your schooling and home life. Keep knitting you certainly have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful school year. I will begin on Sept 7th. I work as a para-ed in public school. Just as you are called to teach your babies at home, I'm called to teach in a secular school. I'd appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.

    Sweet, little, homeschooling families -- moms and their little babies -- are worth defending to whatever end.

    God bless you and yours!

    A.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy