Friday, August 5, 2011

My First Knitted Bonnet


I finished knitting the bonnet I was working on. It only took me a couple of days! It's an enjoyable knit and the first time I have done i-cords (which are super easy....things always seem so intimidating to me at first, and then, often, I realize it isn't as difficult as I first thought!).


I hope to sell this, as well as other knitted items, in my etsy shop (which is empty at the moment), soon! I am working on another bonnet (in a soft, light green) right now...and also some dish cloths!


I love the look of the back...how it all comes together like that...


Thank you for visiting...I need to get busy with my other knitting projects! Quickly, though, I just want to thank everyone for their comments. They are always so kind and heart-warming. I enjoy each and every one! Thank you for taking the time to read and write me...I truly appreciate it!

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 
1 Peter 1:2b

18 comments:

  1. How beautiful! You did a great job. I have enjoyed reading your blog and have now bookmarked it.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.homesteadblogger.com/blessedx4/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling is that bonnet!!!!Can't wait to see some things in your esty shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! How exciting to open an etsy shop! I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very nice, Katy, and well done.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! Great job!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Beautiful bonnet!!! My mom made a bonnet and matching blanket for both of my boys when they were born. I know I said boys, but they were so adorable in them when they were babies. I LOVE handmade gifts, they are the best!! I hope you and your Family have a Blessed weekend!..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I always loved my Megan in a bonnet. I'm looking forward to you having dish clothes in your shop. Do you think you might have some intime for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet bonnet. I love the yarn you used. I am praying blessings for your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect. Perfect colors,perfect sytle,perfectly lovely. Will it grace the head of someone special?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bonnet is just precious, you did a great job. I hope all goes well with your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Sweet It's Adorable ..

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never knitted a bonnet before. That looks like a wonderful pattern. Did you make it up or can you point me in the direction of it so I can give it a try? ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, I like the way the back of the bonnet is gathered too. Pretty colors. Good job! Can't wait to check out your Etsy shop. I bet you're excited to get that up and running! Good luck!

    Have a nice weekend!
    Smiles & well wishes sent your way!
    (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bonnet. The color you choose are so lovely. Nice work.
    Blessings from France

    ReplyDelete
  15. Knitting is terribly intimidating for me...because I'm not good a fixing mistakes. But I still try. I may be mistaken, but didn't I see that you make those 'Ball' discloths?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy