Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meet Stu ~ The Lamb

We may be getting a lamb! Isn't he cute??? He is being used in our church's Passion Play this year. (The boy holding him is a teen from our church who is in charge of the animals in the play...he brought the lamb in to the nursery for the children to see him!)

Actually...my mom may be getting him...but he will live at our house! His owner was planning on selling him...so my mom was going to look into it!!! :) I hope we get him....he is sooooo sweet! The kids were trying to pick a name for him (even though he doesn't live here yet) and Chris picked Stu. I think he technically meant it spelled "Stew"...haha...but I just can't imagine that! So I like it as "Stu"....and *no*...I have no intention of ever letting anyone eat him! ;) My farm may be *small* but it is beginning to look more farm-like!!! :)

15 comments:

  1. Awwww.

    I've been known to stop the car in the middle of a highway to ogle newborn lambs. Yes, I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. better than CHOP! =) get it, lamb chop! giggle giggle snort snort.

    adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how cute! I had to laugh at the name. I "got it" instantly. How fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! I wouldn't know the least bit about how to take care of a lamb at this point. I bet the kids would love learning!

    I am very inspired by your little *homestead* with a few animals here and there! We have some friends who started homesteading learning little by little and now they are very self-sufficient! Your family reminds me of theirs! I have a long way to go to learn as much as you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious baby!!! I love lambs and glad to see the name spelled the *nice* way, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I hope that you get him. I am curious to know how much land you and Chris have? That is if you want to share that info.

    I doubt that Stu would ever become Stew because Chris would be living with four very unhappy people!

    My dream is to have a little land with chickens and a huge garden. We have enough space for some chickens, but I don't know if our neighbors would like it.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really don't know if I ever seen one up close and personal...now would I know what to do with one if I had one at home.
    Keep us posted on this adventure!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute! Love the name :D

    Love Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddy had a little lame. ;)

    So cute!!

    Stu is a cute name..so is Lambchop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son tried to name our potbelly piglet BACON,we must remind them animals don't like to be called food names.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Organic Gardening Magazine had a cute article this month on keeping small livestock- you should read it! :)

    He's a keeper! I'm glad you wouldn't eat him....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how cute! I'll admit, I haven't much experience with sheep, but little lambs are awfully cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable little lamb.
    How can you resist? He already is a part of the family!
    Happy Easter, Donna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy