Thursday, March 11, 2010

It Worked!!!

As you will probably remember...I had posted HERE about starting my spring cleaning and organizing and hoping it would kick start spring in our area.....wellll....I am thrilled to report...I think it worked!!! ;) I gotta remember this for next year at the time when I am antsy for the snow to melt and spring to arrive -- just start spring cleaning early and it will scare the snow away!!!! ;)

The past couple days, the snow has been melting and the temps have been warming up!!! (I am actually wearing flip-flops today!!!!) Today, I am thrilled to report that most of the snow has melted away in our front lawn!!! The back lawn gets a bit of a shadow covering it from the house so it is taking a bit longer to melt...but because of the temps...I have been hanging laundry out!!! :) (Simple things make me super happy!)

I have been knitting in any down time that I have. Still working on the afghan I am knitting for my sister and her husband. I have posted one of the other squares for the afghan HERE. So far I have finished 4 squares and am working on the 5th. There are 20 squares in the afghan. :)


And....I am soo excited....I started to knit cables!!! I have never knitted cables before and love how they look. I was always just nervous to start it...but it really isn't difficult! I am loving how it looks! :)

I have some dough rising for some homemade soft pretzels. *YUM*! :) Madelyn has her schooling done and X and I will work on his a little later. All three kids are outside playing right now. :) I hope spring has sprung in your area and that you are enjoying some beautiful weather!!! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

16 comments:

  1. That is some awesome knitting with the cables! Our snow has been melting too, gotta see if I can't find my flip flops:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is beautiful! I'm working on some dishcloths, but my skill level doesn't go beyond that, lol.

    It feels good to walk on grass again. However, I took my dog to the park yesterday, wearing my running shoes, and got a "soaker"! The ground was all wet and spongy. Well, this is the season of mud, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo... love the knitting! looking forward to an afghan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring has definitely sprung here too!
    Yea! I was lucky enough to be at Good will a few days ago and found an old aluminum glider with cushions in great shape for $20.00. It now sits on the porch and with the sun this morning, just relaxing for a few minutes revives me.

    Your knitting is awesome. I did do some crocheting years ago but very basic stuff.

    Enjoy the day!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so soft looking!!

    I think we are on our way to Spring, today it's 64 but we have rain coming in tonight the news said, but hey we are fairly warm!

    Enjoy your Day,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Katy-
    Your spring cleaning has worked well!!

    We have crocus' here at our house! We rode bikes today!!!

    Should I send you the reminder next year? "Hey Katy, clean your cupboards!" :)hehehe!

    ps. I covet your knitting skills! My socks have yet to be completed... hohum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty impressed with those cables . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!!! I don't think I have the patience to knit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cable knitting! Glad I'm not the only one who finds hanging out laundry therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie, I am going ahead and doing the CSN store review we spoke about some time ago. It seems like a legit company and you didn't have any problems so I am doing it. Stay tuned. Thanks for the advice on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The cable knits look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! How LOVELY! I'm so jealous. If it's not a scarf or a dishcloth I can't make it!! lol

    The photos of your son & the wash out with the last remants of snow are good, too. Such a sign of the season...a little of winter...a little of summer.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so proud of you for teaching yourself to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice job - I tried to crochet a scarf and proudly showed my husband who asked, "is that a dog sweater". good times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, i love the square with the tree, thats beautiful..I wish i could do that..
    i just cant wait to see the whole ghan, its going to be so lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a talent you are! Oh my goodness, how wonderful! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy