Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Family Devotions.....

....definitely one of my favorite times of the day!!!





Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
~Prov. 22:6

“Parents, if you love your children, do all that lies in your power to train them up to a habit of prayer. Show them how to begin. Tell them what to say. Encourage them to persevere. Remind them if they become careless and slack about it. Let it not be your fault, at any rate, if they never call on the name of the Lord.”

~ J.C. Ryle

The Upper Room, “The Duties of Parents”, 294.


As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby; If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
~1 Peter 2:2-3



My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
~Proverbs 1:8-9


And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
~Deuteronomy 6:7


***And I want to add that for those who have said they would love to see different and organized areas of my home....you can go HERE and HERE to see different posts I have made of my home! :) Thanks so much for stopping to visit!!!***

3 comments:

  1. Dear Katy:

    Training our children in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord" is our greatest work. I liked your quote by J.C. Ryle, he's one of my favourites.

    I love the pictures of your home! You have a talent for decorating, and I especially like the country touches (smile). Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy-
    How wonderful! (and I love all of the blankies)

    A book that your family might like is called "Home Improvement" By Dr. Scott Turansky and JoAnne Miller RN,BSN from the National Center For Biblical Parenting. It is a book that weaves parenting, scripture and activities all together for use with the whole family.
    Just thought that I'd share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's a bit hard right now to get our little ones to sit still or even listen for a long while for that matter... but I am looking forward to the time that we will be able to do that to as a family! For now I'll just have to settle with my 3.5yr old boy singing this around the house: "Talk to God, Talk to Him, Talk to God, Talk to Him... " (over and over again)!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy