Monday, March 29, 2010

Tax Collector Katy

The time has just flown by today. This morning, I was working on receipting taxes and doing some homeschool organization, as we are coming close to ending our year soon and I want to get things as prepared as I can to make their portfolios which we turn into the school at the end of the year. Normally, we do our schooling in the morning...but I got into what I was doing and the kids were busy straightening their rooms and fulfilling their responsibilites. It may have all gotten done sooner, however, we had a few disputes between children here and there...as well as a lil grumbling that had to be corrected. I continue to try and explain to the kids that the more they argue or complain...the longer it takes....the less time they have for fun!

So the morning just flew by quickly. Before we knew it, it was lunch and time to head to my Aunt Wendy's house. My cousin, Meghan, is going to California to do some outreach and mission work for a while...so some of us cousins and aunts were invited to my Aunt Wendy's house for lunch and to hear about Meghan's plans as well as to tell her "good-bye". :) We had a yummy lunch of salad, bread, apples and no-bake cookies (my weakness...yum!). We learned about the outreach Meghan will be participating in and had good conversation. We will be in prayer for her as she tries to spread the love of Christ to those in need! :)

After visiting there for a couple hours, we came home to get our schooling done and for me to finish receipting some taxes and getting a bank deposit ready. After schooling was finished...the kids were antsy to get some playing done, outside. It's chilly and overcast today..but luckily, no rain, so out the kiddos went. A while later, Madelyn wanted to show me a sign she made for me, for when people come to the house to pay their taxes (most people mail them, but some prefer to pay them in person).

Hehehe...isn't the sign cute?? She did such a good job with it and was so proud of herself! She nailed it together and told me how lucky I was that she loved me so much....because nailing that wood together was "really hard"!!! :) I must agree....I am a *very* lucky mama! :)

(Notice...ugly fence in background. Blech. Our neighbors, as nice and kind as they are, have that up. I would love to have a cuter fence up...but fence can be so expensive! We have a lovely privacy fence up on some of our property line...but need to still get more. For now, trees line it and more are growing. I think a nice tree property line would look much better than the ugly fence!But if the neighbors have it on *their* side...not much else we can do about it, for now!)

Soon after Madelyn showed me *her* creation, X came over and had one too. At first, I thought he had nailed together a big X, for his nickname. But, he shook his head and told me it was Jesus' cross. If you look closely, he used a red marker to put "blood" on it too...and he even put nails where his hands/wrists would have been. In a way, it may seem gory to some folks....but I know that isn't what Xavier's intentions are. He has a soft spot in his heart for the crucifixion. He asks about it a lot and why Jesus had to do it and such. It always makes for good teaching/learning moments with him. Crosses are a common thing for people to see...and even pictures of Jesus dieing on the cross...and I think X's wonder about it is a good thing. :) (You can sorta see X's shirt...it says "My God is BIG BIG BIG, His love is WIDE WIDE WIDE......"...pretty appropriate for what he made, isn't it? ;)


So now, I must get supper started and hopefully work on some knitting. It's almost 5pm already and I feel like the day has gone by in a blur! I hope you are all having an enjoyable Monday. We had the first two nights of our Easter Passion Play this weekend and it went well! I have pictures and things to share about that sometime soon! We have the next two nights of the play this Friday and Saturday night! :) I pray hearts are touched and lives are changed through the message of Jesus' love!
Thanks so much for coming by. I know everyone is busy...and I do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to stop by, rest and read of my sweet family. I also appreciate the thoughts you share with me! Thank you! :) Until next time.....

11 comments:

  1. Hello Katy,

    What lovely children you have. Its so nice that your children are being brought up to love and understand the Saviour and Lord. The things you are teaching them will stay with them in good times and bad. You are a wonderful Mum and I praise you for the job you are doing.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell X I am BLOWN AWAY! There are no words---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww children are so sweet! Love the sign :D

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying with you - have fun with the play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sign M made is really cute and the cross that X made... words won't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable! Your children AND their sweet creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am curious to see and read about your children's portfolios. What exactly do you put in there? Why do you turn it in to school?

    I am praying to start homeschooling in September since the Lord has resolved my heart and mind to do so.

    I still LOOOOOOVE reading your blog and look forward to your posts because they warm my heart and give me such a cozy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless your beautiful family Katy...those kiddos are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are so cute, and you're raising them to love God and their family. You're doing a wonderful job.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tax Collector Katy,

    That is the cutest sign I have ever seen. Good thing you are loved so much!!! (very very blessed indeed)

    And X's cross? Gives me goosebumps.
    God bless your darling kidlets and God bless their beautiful Momma who is teaching them to love God with all their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kid creations are the best, aren't they!?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy