Friday, March 5, 2010

A Gift of Canvas

Yesterday...my sweet hubby turned 31! :) The kids and I went to meet him and my parents at noon at my dad's garage (where he works) for lunch. My mom ordered pizza and I brought a cake I made! (We will celebrate with Chris's family at a Sunday lunch after church!)

Last evening...when Chris got home from work, he had to eat and get showered and get ready to go because Thursday evenings are one of the days for Easter Passion Play practice with our church. So....lucky for me...the gift I ordered for his birthday arrived that very day in the mail!


I was so excited to give it to him! He opened it and loved it! It is a photo canvas printing of our family that I ordered! :) I got it from Canvas People!

**The reason Xavier isn't in the photo above is because after lunch at the garage...he went with my mom to my aunt's house (a few hours away), for the weekend, where he will watch my cousin's future husband compete in a snowboarding competition and also...X will learn to do some snowboarding himself!!! Isn't that great!?!**

Anyhoo....here is the photo canvas up close! Isn't it neat? It doesn't look as grainy in *real life*...the flash from my camera did that!

Quickly...I want to update you on the status of my allergic reaction. I am still tight in my chest, when I breathe. It's uncomfortable and also is (for some reason) pulling and hurting the muscles in my left shoulder. Since I have self-diagnosed myself with this "allergy"...I am going to try to make a dr appt today just to be sure that this is what it is. I have had this going on all week now....plus have to wear my glasses because of the bacterial pink eye this caused. Sooo frustrating. Hopefully I will be as good as new next week!

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

7 comments:

  1. Good morning Katy

    Hope you start to feeling better.
    The canvas picture is awesome.
    You have a beautiful family.

    Feel better and have a great weekend.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! I hope you get some help at the Dr.'s, let us know what he says if it is indeed a ladybug allergy, I have terrible allergies too and being we get those in our house now I'm wondering.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    I am no doctor, but, you don't think that your reaction could be related to the work being done on your porch do you??? Just a thought. Maybe a chemical on the wood or in tearing away material from the porch? I would definitely go to the doc.
    Teresa in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely, lovely family you have. And happy birthday to your hubby!!

    I've back-tracked through your blog & it is so sweet. I enjoyed your homeschool room...we just graduated our 'baby' last June, so after 16 years of homeschooling we are finished. At least until our daughters' princes come & they start their families. '-) Isn't it nice to have a chalkboard?! We had an 8' long one that had come from a local school that was remodeled about 15 years ago. LOVED IT! My hubby was laid off last April, so after our school was finished I sold it. Almost broke my heart, I wanted to save it for which-ever daughter homeschooled first. Oh well...it's all gonna burn. lol

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    Hoping you start feeling better real soon! Now pink eye?!? You poor soul... yikes!

    Love the canvas. haha- Last week for my hubbies birthday- I gave him canvas too- only in sneaker form! :)heehee

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet picture, Katy. I hope your reaction dissipates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God be gracious to you Chris and bless you and make His face shine upon you this day and always. amen amen amen

    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy