Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blue Skies + Lots of Sunshine =


...A Beautiful Day Spent Outside!

Spring is just beginning here in Pennsylvania. The trees are still bare and the grass is still a drab brown/green color. After months of being cozied up in the house due to cold temps and lots of snow....the kids (and I) were anxious to be outside. As it started to warm a bit...we had rain for a few days. The only plus to that was that it helped the snow dissappear quicker! :)

Yesterday, though, turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day (as today seems to be as well!). The skies were blue and the sun shone brightly and although it was still a bit chilly out....in the sunshine~it was the perfect temp! After finishing their responsibilities and schoolwork...the kids were outside in a flash!

I, too, took advantage of the nice weather and decided to take the flannel sheets off my bed! I put on regular sheets and washed the flannel sheets. I hung them out on the line, to be folded and put away until the brisk days of fall arrive once again.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~ Margaret Atwood

The boys have been waiting all winter to get back out in their *dirt pile*. This is where they play with cars, trucks and diggers. Although to you and me, it looks like a mess....to them, it is little boy *heaven*! I love seeing how they line cars up in a row. When my boys started this with cars when they were younger, I thought it so curious! However, I have seen my nephews and other little boys do this as well over the years! It must be ingrained in little boys while growing and changing in their mother's womb!

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
~Psalm 139:13-16 (emphasis mine)

The kids had fun playing out on the basketball court and swings, between our house and our neighbors. (That is our neighbor's house in the background of the pick above and below.) We were blessed with such kind and generous neighbors. They allow (and even encourage) my kiddos to use the basketball court and play equipment! In the summer, we are welcome to use their pool at any time through the summer, as well. Aren't we incredibly blessed? Their daughters have grown and they like to know that everything still gets good use.

Look at how wonderful God made the human body! The kids flip and flop and swing! In the picture below ~ Jaxson got on that bar by himself and pulled his legs up and through! Think of the muscles and flexibility that little guy has!


The girls enjoyed a snack. Can you tell they are all eating happily!? All butts in the air! ;)

Madelyn enjoyed riding her bike around too, yesterday. X's bike is broken....I think it is a problem with the chain. Chris will fix it and X will be riding all over! That boy was riding on two wheels when he was just newly 4! He was born to ride a bicycle!!! :)

We had egg salad sandwiches for lunch and after everyone was finished....we went for a walk! :) It was so nice to be out in the breeze and sunshine! When we got back....the kids made this lil camp....

They made that *pretend* firepit all by themselves!!! (This is all right next to the house!) I thought it was so cute! :) It won't be able to stay there forever...but I thought it will be fun for them to play with their lil campsite for a few days. Although, I told them that they can't put a real fire in their lil pit. Xavier reassured me "No, mom...it's just preteeend!" ;)

So, today looks like another absolutely gorgeous day....and unfortunately, I seem to have caught the cold that Madelyn had. I would love to be able to cozy up in my chair with a quilt, my knitting and a good book. But...today is grocery day...so after schooling...I need to go do that. I should have made my 2 week food menu and grocery list yesterday, but alas, I didn't. So I will need to do that today as well. Maybe the sunshine will help my cold!?! :)

I hope you are enjoying gorgeous weather where you are! :) Thanks for visiting!!!!

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
~Psalm 139:17-18

17 comments:

  1. Our Pennsylvania winter was a doosie wasn't it, Katy? At least we have a lovely spring to look forward to :)

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your pictures! I like the way you have decorated the outside of your home and that wooden swing looks so relaxing! I think that your children are having the best childhood. That's how I grew up too...we played outside all day and made things up as we went (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go out and play! Our weather is sort of cloudy and cool this week, but I know that won't last long - I'm looking forward to some sunny days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring to you!!! Soon the trees will be greening up and the earth will warm so we can start planting our gardens again:) ahh! I do love spring♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! It has been beautiful here in PA! We're loving the weather as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know I visited here today. And I say Good for you for deciding to homeschool. You will NOT regret it. There will be days you will doubt and second-guess yourself...wondering if you did the right thing as they get much older, but it is right and good.
    Whatever gaps or cracks appear in their "educational journey" will graciously be filled with God's help and their own desire to continue learning and moving forward in their leap from the nest. It is the character and spiritual lessons that you are instilling in them from their youngest days that will be the most profitable foundation to carry them through life as they get out and start to walk and struggle on their own. Their education will not carry them through those lessons...Their faith in God and His goodness and love for them....will.
    Take this from a mom who has one to go, and has been scared about what I could offer to my kids....many days... but God is faithful to your heart's desire to do your best for HIM and for them. He will reward your work. God bless you. Hang in there. Enjoy the days of their youth and celebrate whenever you can. You will blink one day and they will be flying away... it is hard...but it is healthy and good. :-) Hugs. Stamina!! courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun photos to see. Loved the campsite. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the cold goes away soon! My son used to line up the cars too, lol, so funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Place looks like a dream come true! Didn't we all need some Spring after this Winter?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings Katy

    Oh joyous is the sun and blue skies in PA. I hope you feel better.
    The kids look like they were having a great time outside. I sat for a spell on the glider on the porch and it was so relaxing.

    Have a great evening

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling better soon Katy!! Maybe that sunshine will blast that cold right out of there. I just love your blog! I will have to read all your post about chickens as we are hoping to get some this year. We are having an unusually warm and dry spring in Nova Scotia (so far!) so we can get started on plans for a chicken coop soon. (If I don't "chicken" out first!)


    Ellie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a beautiful post!

    Hurray for you and the award at Prairie Flower Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I wish we had a clothes line, and a playground ... and chickens ... and ...

    beautiful day in PA for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a beautiful day here as well.(Mi) You can already feel the warmth of the sun - I love it.
    I remember when my kids were young and played outside - they had such a wonderful imagination too. What fun - gone so quickly! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katie :) I found you through Linda at Prairie Flower Farm. It looks like you had a wonderful day! Your home is adorable as are your children :) I am hoping one day soon to have a clothesline outside. How nice would that be? I am anxiously awaiting Spring, the snow is almost gone now :)

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    PS Your chickens are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like a beautiful time was had by all. so glad the kids are getting out and about--we love spring!
    ★Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. you live in a lovely area..So nice for the kids to run around and play..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy