Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Front Porch is Done!

Chris and his uncle Ron finished our porch this morning!!!! It is an absolutely gorgeous day and they finished the steps and the hand rail!!! :)

The kids had fun running *on* the snow!


And my finished porch! I am thrilled! I think it looks great! Now of course, there is lots of mud around it right now...but once the grass grows and flowers are planted (after the snow melts, of course) it will all look great, I think! :) My mom and I are also going to work on making a path from the steps down to the driveway (when the snow melts)! :)

I also can't wait to get some decorations up there like the old chair and crock of flowers etc. that I mentioned in THIS post! :) The sun is bright today and I am completely loving it! I am super anxious for all the snow to melt and to get started with SPRING! :) Hope you are able to enjoy your weather wherever you are, as well! :)

I was reading in 1 Corinthians during my time with God this morning. And I loved this verse and wanted to share it with you. Although I have heard it many times before, as you probably have as well, it is such a great encouragement to know that God has given us the strength to resist any temptation that is put in front of us. I hope this verse is an encouragement to you! :)

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
~1 Corinthians 10:12-13 (emphasis mine)

Be blessed and thanks so much for stopping by today! I pray sunlight and Sonlight are shining down on you today! :)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely----sending warm springy thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! sooo glad you guys got your porch done ~ it will look really great with all the flowers and grass around it ~ for sure! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new front porch looks great! I am sure you will spend a lot of time out there when the weather gets warmer. I hope you have a great weekend! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new porch.
    Blessings, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great! Enjoy it! Spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Katy,

    I think your porch is lovely and I'll look forward to seeing your pics when you have it all decorated. We are heading into winter after a very humid summer here and I will enjoy the shorter days and evenings sitting stitching. What a great verse that is also.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. We built a large deck a couple of years ago - can hardly wait for the 2 feet of snow to melt so I can get out the bbq and my lounge chair :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like the looks of that porch. Nice you have room to set "things" on it to make it look homey. Enjoy!
    Stop by to see me when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I can't wait to see how wonderful it looks when you are finished putting out the pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great! We love our back porch and spend so much time on it when the weather is nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the porch! I can't wait to see how you're going to decorate it. I am itching for spring too and can't wait to see green grass and FLOWERS!!!

    Hugs,
    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch looks really great! I can't wait to see it decorated for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's look great! Can't wait to see how you decorate it for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great!!! Hope it thaws soon so you can use it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy