Friday, April 2, 2010

Answer The Door! He's Knocking!

Hello! It's Good Friday! :) I hope you are enjoying your day! As you go through your day...remember...this is the day our Jesus suffered and died for *us*! His love for us....in that while we were still sinners, He died for us...is so amazing and selfless! And He didn't just die...he suffered. The pain He endured...from no fault of His own...is such a hard realization. I am so thankful that God loved me so much that He would send Jesus to save flawed, selfish, insignificant to most, imperfect me. I don't deserve it...but because of His love, His mercy, His grace....I will be eternally grateful! I pray that you know Jesus and what He did for you, each of you, individually.

"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less."

~ C.S. Lewis

He died so that all may have the chance to be saved....but for *you* individually, as well. He knew you and loved you, and that is why He came. I can't even fathom the love He has for each of us. It makes me sad to know that there *are* those who refuse or reject that love. Hear Him knocking...

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
~ Revelation 3:20

"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened. "
~ C.S. Lewis (The Great Divorce)


This past Wednesday evening, the kids and I attended an Egg Hunt and Cookout with other children from our church! Our Children's Council Leader, Erin, had it all planned out and managed well! After some hotdog cookin' and egg hunting, Erin had the kids gather together and talked with them about how when we go to a store and purchase something...we get a receipt. The receipt shows that we paid for our purchases....so she went around and, with a red marker, wrote PAID on each of the children's hands and told them that Jesus paid the price for sins. It was such a great message and simple enough for the children to understand. :)

Then the kids each got to ice and decorate (and then of course, eat) a cupcake!!! :) It was a great time.....and the weather was beautiful! We were so relieved as we were hoping to be able to keep the egg hunt outside....as others from the church were inside the building partaking in a meal and foot-washing time.


We still have a couple more nights of our Easter Passion Play at church, then I hope to be able to share about it with you! :) I enjoy each night, being in charge of the nursery. Holding babies is so wonderful, as mine are seeming to grow so quickly! ;)

**OH~and it *is* official....Stu will be coming home with us Saturday night after the play!!! :) And, I forgot to tell you....he is bottle-fed!!! Oh how I am going to love caring for this sweet little lamb. How appropriate that our family is getting a lamb on Easter weekend!

Today...I planned a day-off from schooling for the kids and I! It's beautiful out and we will spend the day outside, playing, laughing, and dying eggs! (I'll maybe try to fit some housework in there at some point too!) I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Good Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. love the candles girl - beautiful! I haven't heard that C.S. Lewis quote before - wow!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also enjoying some great weather. I have windows open and quiet home since it is nap time. After nap it is outside to enjoy the sunshine! We are having family over tonight to cookout and die eggs. A perfect way to start such a meaningful weekend.

    You have a wonderful Good Friday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post from a beautiful person! Luved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words...thanks for sharing!

    Be blessed this weekend,
    Psalm 18:46

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your posts so much. I am a fellow believer and the words you said...are so true for me too. I don't deserve all Jesus went through, but I am so thankful that He did love me enough to do that. I cannot imagine the horror He endured. Thank you, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you could've posted a pic anyway! I have esp noticed your hair,so feminine!! I love it! Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful message! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings for a beautiful Easter Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! Paid- great demonstration!

    We will be dying homemade clay eggs.

    We will also go to worship tonight.

    Have a lovely Easter Weekend Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful!
    I'm so in awe of what the Lord has done for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy Easter! It sounds like you've got some sweet and memorable celebrations going on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    May you and your family have a most blessed Easter. Thanks so much for all you share.....it is always so positive and inspiring!

    Blessings,
    Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like the kids had great fun! I love cookouts and egg hunts lol

    Happy Easter

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post is beautifully done, as always...

    You must be very proud of your child, what a Holy moment having a child place paid on everyone's hand~ Remarkable!

    It is numbing to know what Jesus went through, for "us" we should all as human beings recognize this. Think of the pain he endured, how he suffered night and day, for "us" hanging there on the cross, no food nor water, as his own mother, Mary, stood and watched her son being crucified. As a mother, it is impossible to understand how Mary must have felt holding her son Jesus in her arms after his death.

    I feel so blessed to have my faith, and pray for those who have not found theirs.

    What a cutie, look at your sons tongue as he spreads the icing on his cupcake.

    The weather is beyond gorgous, I love it, just want to be outside 24/7 when it's like this.

    GOD Bless,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes and amen Katy!
    Have a blessed Easter....
    OUR REDEEMER LIVES!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God Bless you and your beautiful family...the cave is empty...He LIVES! Enjoy your Easter Katy!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy