Friday, April 23, 2010

Building a Greenhouse!

If you read THIS post at the beginning of this month...you will know that we started planting in our raised bed. The veggies are growing and coming along nicely! *I love seeing the beautiful growth, don't you?* Also, in that post, I showed a pic or two of the greenhouse we started making.

Xavier helped Daddy to tie knots to hold the wire together.....(I love his mud boots...hehe...)

We pulled the plastic up and on and secured it on both sides...then, (although this part isn't pictured) we used twine and tied around the plastic semi circle on both sides.

It isn't finished yet....we still have to secure the plastic around the doorways and also put *doors* on as well. But, as you can see by the boys' excitement, it's so neat to be inside! I think the boys wish it was a playhouse! ;)

It will be such a great place to get plants started and we will even be able to use it as the weather gets colder. The greenhouse will put the amazing sun, that God provided us with, to good use!


And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
~Genesis 1:11-12

Are you planting a garden? What all are you planting?

Looks like a gorgeous day here! Time to get some laundry going and out on the line. There is some laundry to fold and put away, dishes to do and a home to clean! Did any of you take advantage of that Mrs Meyers 2 day free shipping that I mentioned HERE? I did and I know Katie did too! :) If so...I would love to hear what you got!

I purchased 1 kitchen basics set in Lavender, 1 kitchen basics set in Geranium, and 1 window spray in Geranium. I got the kitchen basic sets because you got more for your money with each set. :) So I will be stocked up on counter spray, dish soap and hand soap!!! :) Cleaning with earth friendly, sweet smelling cleaners makes cleaning more enjoyable for me....is that weird?

Well, off I go! Housework and schooling to do! I also need to get knitting on my sister's afghan! I have been neglecting it a bit since the nice weather has set in! :) Thanks for stopping by to visit! :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow ~ your own greenhouse!! Will be so neat to see what you will be growing in there! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I have recently discovered the Mrs. Meyer's line too.......love the Geranium and Lavendar dish soap.....and the Lavendar counter cleaner. I look forward to clearing off the counter just so I can use it!!! Hehe, so I guess I am weird with you! Have a great weekend! Oh, as for planting...here in Texas we have our tomatoes and peppers in the garden and I have planted lots of fresh herbs near the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to plant a garden...

    Enjoy the nice day... I'm still trying to unwind from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be tilling our raised bed garden this weekend!! I so wish we could do a green house but our yard just isn't big enough!:0) I will plant tomatoes, lettuce,squash and not sure what else!! I too can't wait to get my Mrs. Meyers!! Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered some Mrs. Meyer's stuff. Looking forward to getting it! The greenhouse looks great! You guys will all really enjoy having it and extending the planting/harvesting season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must confess, I am so jealous :) I have wanted a greenhouse for a very long time. I'm thinking there's a possibility that your post will encourage my dear husband to make one for me. Whether he does or not, I can surely enjoy the future of yours. I hope you will continue to share pictures as you progress through this new part of your life :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Gosh,you all thought of it all.Good for you guys.Question~Where did you get the plastic sheeting?I just showed mu husband and we are thinking of trying it for a chicken house.
    Love from Indiana
    Jamie Tobin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is Donna from Comin' Home and I just wanted to drop by and thank you for visiting and entering my contest. I feel right at home here. This is a sweet blog! I'm so glad our family isn't the only ones enjoying life in the country and posting about.

    I love the greenhouse and your pictures of your little guy helping daddy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopfully your plants taste good.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy