Friday, April 30, 2010

Changing Curriculum!


Last year, while searching homeschooling curriculum (for *this* year), I came across Christian Light Publications. It sounded great and I liked different reviews I had read about it...but I decided to go with Abeka for Madelyn and My Father's World for Xavier instead. Well....as we finish up this year's schooling....I have thought about if we will continue with those sources or change.

Well...I decided it was time for change. I ordered Christian Light Education resources for 1st grade (Xavier) and 3rd grade (Madelyn). Usually, I don't order our curriculum til later in the summer....but today, I just decided to go for it and purchased it! :)

I still think Abeka and MFW are good places to find curriculum for your homeschooling needs....but I have read how Christian Light Education has such a strong focus on God in every subject...and that sounds perfect to me!

Here are some different reviews of CLE....

CLE Math
Reading and Language Arts
the whole CLE curriculum

So...I jumped in with both feet and ordered what we will need! :) I am already feeling excited to start! I can't believe I have our curriculum for the next school year, ordered already! :)

Have any of you tried Christian Light Education? I would love to hear your thoughts on it!
Hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

And...if you haven't yet....check out we make our homeschool portfolio! :)

3 comments:

  1. We have to switch from Abeka - 2yrs now and my boy is tired of duckies and chickies. Don't know what we're going to do next, so I appreciate you posting info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Abeka for Ava for sk and I ordered it for grade 1 (this upcoming fall).. but I know I will eventually changed it up as well. I'm not sure right now what will work for Gabriel (he is going into jk this fall.. but I won't be 'formally' schooled him until sk. I've heard konos is very hands on.. so I may use that with him ~ only time will tell! I've order all school stuff too... SUCH A LOAD OFF!! Soon it will be time to just relax for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so impressive... thanks for stopping by Yot!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy