Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seating for Two

We are a family of 5...with a dining room table, where most our meals are eaten, with only 4 chairs. We would bring another chair over for Jaxson at each meal. I have been wanting to get a bench for quite some time now and I *found* one! Actually...my mom had seen it and mentioned it to me! I went to the store and paced and debated with myself about it (I was going to call Chris..but my cell phone died). Finally, after seeing it was old but very sturdy and good quality...I thought it would be great for at our table!

So now the boys have a bench to sit on at meals! I took the extra chair, then, and did some rearranging in the dining room, and placed it in a corner.

I had to move some things into the living room and out of the dining room, when I rearranged. I placed my tree in the corner. Although, in this pic, it looks a bit as though the tree is leaning a bit. I will need to check that! ;)

Also...before I go...I want to share with you a great deal! I subscribe to Mrs. Meyer's cleaning Newsletter and they let me know of a great deal going on today (Wednesday) and tomorrow (Thursday) only. They are having *free* shipping on their products in recognition of Earth Day! So...if you like their cleaning products...now is a great time to stock up....OR if you had read my post HERE and thought it may be something you want to try...now is the time!! :)

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
~1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

It looks like we are going to enjoy another beautiful day here in Western PA! I hope you enjoy your day as well!! 'Til next time.... :)

17 comments:

  1. Your decor is so inspiring! I can imagine that your home is just so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your home!Thanks so much for sharing. Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I love the bench. What a good find! Also I like the scripture at bottom. I need to look it up and post it to read everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am printing out the scripture. I really need that! There has been some drama around me and it is so hard to not get sucked in.

    The bench looks great! I would love to have a farmhouse table with benches like the Waltons. It just screams cozy to me.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bench was a great investment. It looks really nice at your table. I enjoyed the pictures of your home. It looks so prim and cozy.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bench. I love to see how others make it all work in the home. Love your home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dining room. We have 2pine benches for our pine trestle table in the kitchen and love them. It looks so "country!" Love that quote from 1 Thessalonians. I will refer to it often. You are such a cheerful, happy and Godly person. Love to read your blog. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your posts! They are always good. The way you tell things lets everyone know that you are happy with you position in life. It's inspiring! And yes it is a beautiful in Western Pa today!! Love your house! It looks so homey(if thats a word!)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bench! What a great find, I'm glad you bought it!!

    Blessings,
    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is lovely and beautifully decorated!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your home, its always so cozy..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up for my giveaway!! I enjoy reading about your sheep! And I love your table!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just check out the Mrs. Meyer's Cleaning site and wanted to say thank you...can you believe I've never heard of it?? Thanks so much! :-)

    I'm having a giveaway if you're interested!

    Blessings from WI to PA,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. A bench is just what you needed. Your home looks so homey - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katy,
    I love the look you have in your house. Pretty and cozy. Just what I like.

    The bench is an excellent find. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy