Monday, April 26, 2010

The Best Thing To Do When It Rains

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


As we left for church yesterday morning, the day was nice and dry. We enjoyed a nice lunch at Chris's parents house and then came home mid-afternoon to rest. We all had some quiet time (aka: nap time). As the day progressed, the sky became dark as the clouds rolled in. Soon we heard some thunder and the rain started!

It was a nice spring storm for us in PA....although I know many down south can't say the same. My heart and prayers go out to them as they rebuild their homes and their lives after the tornado!

Since when it rains, all you can do is *let* it rain...I lit some candles around the house. Chris had to run over to his brother's house for a bit...so the kids settled in and watched the movie Ratatouille. I sat and watched it for a few minutes but then decided to get some things done around the house instead.



Saturday, I took the kids to a Kids Fun Fest at a local church where different churches had tables set up. There were crafts, face painting (by my mom and sister), puppet shows (by a woman from our church), rescue dog demonstrations, and gymnastics demonstrations! The kids had a nice time and even got to each take home a couple Christian books each, donated from area churches and people! :)

It's raining again today...but that is OK with me. It encourages us all to get some things done inside (the kids have bedrooms to clean). I will do some housework and hopefully work on my knitting as well! :) I hope you are enjoying whatever weather you are having! Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Rained here in Missouri all weekend but got some quilting done and a little nap. Always thankful for those as they don't come often : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days a nice relaxing rain day is what everyone needs!
    Hope you get sunshine soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the early rainy days of spring...April showers bring May flowers! :-) It's partly cloudy here today, but we'll probably go out and play later.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as bad weather...only inappropriate clothing. Of course if you're indoors it doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rain too...was up at 1:00am after listening to all the rain and thunder...and had a midnight snack for the first time in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday (Sunday) was a real cold wet day in Michigan. But we needed the rain so we smiled and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoy the rain, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone..We dont get much rain here, although this winter we had some rain..We sure need it and its nice when its coming down and youre cozy inside..
    have a lovely week..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a peaceful day there at your house. We have a storm moving in right now. It's actually a lovely view of the sky even with the warnings. Thanks for visiting my blog to welcome me back :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy