Saturday, April 24, 2010

Essentials for Life

"Essentials for Life"
Your Back-To-Basics Guide to What Matters Most

by: Marcia Ford

Essentials for Life is a book that focuses on the basics of our lives through our faith. In a world full of busyness, clutter and chaos many of us lose our focus. When that happens our perspective, peace, and motivation seem to blur and fall by the way-side. Essentials for Life helps us to simplify while turning our focus back on the One who is in charge.

With 50 short chapters, focusing on such things as "Clarify What Faith Is", "Pursue a Life of Holiness" and "Maintain Your Integrity", everyone can find places that are in need of change. Every other page has a pertaining scripture verse as well as a quote or interesting fact. At the end of each chapter you'll find a section of What's Essential and What's Not. It highlights the areas of importance covered in the chapter.

I am a lover of simplicity. I like things to be neat and orderly. I find a peace in that. I know life is sometimes *messy* and imperfect however there is a joy about going back to the basics of things. That is exactly what this book does. I gleaned something from each chapter. I am a busy mother and don't always have the time to sit and read for long periods of time. I liked that these chapters were short and to the point. I could sit and read a chapter then ponder it while attending to other activities around my home.

Whether you are a new Christian or have been a believer for years, this book will have something for you! This book holds a lot of wisdom and encouragement between it's covers and I am glad I got the chance to discover it!


Disclosure:
I have started doing book reviews for Thomas Nelson Publishers through BookSneeze. They provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book Katy...I will look for it! Have a blessed weekend!
    Peace,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. As much as we don't like to admit it, most of us do lose sight of the big picture once in awhile.
    Your comments about the book are wonderful.
    I hope you and your precious family are doing well and having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds wonderful and is appropriate for what I'm writing on my blog!

    Thank you for sharing this review and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, I was looking for a book like this just yesterday. Thanks for the tip. Although I am a bit older than you, we are a lot alike in our love for God and the desire for peace and simplicity. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a good book

    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review of this book, Katy. Sounds like it is a worthwhile read. I, too, don't find all that much time to read these days, so short chapters would be a little awesome break in my day. I'll have to check it out!

    Blessings on your weekend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really interesting...I believe I will check this one out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,

    Thank you for the book reveiw. We seem to have things in common. I love to read good books of encouragement. I truely appreciate your blog.

    www.peacefulviewacres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy