Monday, November 1, 2010

"Keep your face always toward the sunshine...

~ and shadows will fall behind you." - Walt Whitman


We had an enjoyable weekend...and I hope you did, as well. Today, I am just sharing a few pictures taken the past few days during our comings and goings! :)

I made more granola cereal for breakfasts...

Candlelight and calming music were enjoyed throughout chilly days and each evening as it grows darker, earlier...



My three favorite children...

Getting ready for supper...

Time to make cookies!

Daddy joins in the fun! :)

We all debated if we should bake the cookies or just eat the dough (since sugar cookie dough is so delicious)...in the end, we concluded it was best to bake them! ;)

Fun autumn cookies shaped like pumpkins, leaves, acorns, ladybugs and beehives! :)

All stored away for a yummy treat, later...

Saturday morning, Chris helped his brother cut down a dead tree in his front yard. It helped my brother-in-law to get it out of there and it helped Chris and me to have the wood for our wood stove! Since my sister-in-law had to work that morning, the children and I got to watch my nephew! Such a treat!

They worked hard! :)

My silly boys make me smile...

And before I go...Stephanie asked how I manage the homeschooling with my boys...the truth is that we have our good days...and our not-so-good days. Jaxson, 4, usually looks at books or does some workbook work while I work with the other two. He wants to read in the worst way...so I plan on working with him on that, soon.

Xavier, 7, is in first grade. He loves his math work and does that with ease. Bible and his Science and Social Studies work isn't difficult so he enjoys that work as well. He can tend to get frustrated with his language arts and reading. Not because he *can't* do it...but more because it takes a little bit more effort than the other subjects and he finds that frustrating. So some days can be a bit of a struggle...but I just pray my way through it.

I, notice, with each year I homeschool my children, that I am finding new methods and ways of teaching. I get more comfortable with it. I guess, my advice for anyone who plans to begin educating their children at home would be to not *push* too hard for perfection. Have goals and don't be afraid to encourage your children to *try* and do their *best*...but while doing this, be loving and tender in your words. I have found pushing too hard produces adverse reactions.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.
~ Proverbs 15:1,2

The main thing is to stay in God's Word and in prayer with Him, continually. He is the best form of guidance you could ever ask for! :) I hope, though, that I have been helpful.

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have an enjoyable week ahead!
Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family. I love the pctures with them bakng cookies. What sweet memories you all are making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate chip cookies are on the to do list this week. Have a blessed week, Katy.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see your photos Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you didn't decorate the cookies! love the pic of the kids getting ready to make cookies... cute!

    i need to try your granola cereal sometime when i'm out... might be something cory and i like--instead of trying to buy the "healthiest" cereal in the cereal aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures of the slices of your life :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy such a blessing you are to the Bloggers,Your posts are always so full of "Warmth" I look forward
    reading you blog so much! It makes
    my day!!

    The Love you have for The Lord Shines in all that you do!!! Its so
    exciting seeing Young Women with a
    Godly Spirit such as yours...

    Love that Red Kitchen Counter Top, Those Cookies look yummy too..

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quote! As always a beautiful post! Have a lovely day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! It is so cozy. Your home looks even more cozy and inviting. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Katy, for your Proverbs 15:1 and 2 reference. God has been dealing with me in this area and He used you as a gentle, loving reminder.

    Would you mind if I posted a few of my crock pot recipes on your comment section? I have several that are SO yummy, easy, and inexpensive that I would love to share them with you and other like minded families.

    Blessings...Heather from IL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of your sweet kiddos by candlelight! There isn't anything better than homemade granola for breakfast, is there?!? Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Katy for your advice on my "homeschooling boys" question - it was very helpful! As an aside, my family is relocating to your neck of the woods, so to speak, namely Maryland. I am so excited to take a trip to see your beautiful state of Pennsylvania and if the other people that live there are half as sweet as you, I know I will have a wonderful time! Many Blessings to you and your family (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. great little cookie makers you have there...cute hats on the boys..
    have a nice Tuesday..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather....that would be just fine! :) I know we all appreciate some good recipes! :)
    Thank you!!! :)
    Katy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy