Sunday, November 21, 2010

"A merry heart...

...maketh a cheerful countenance."
~ King Solomon

Although we aim at living simply...we *do* have a microwave. It was a wedding gift, over 10 years ago. It rarely gets used but took up a spot in the kitchen, for where else would it go? It is quite handy to have when needing to pop popcorn or melt butter....but other than that, it doesn't get used much.
For some time now, I have wanted a bread box but never found one I liked or at a cheap enough price. To my excitement, I found one at the thrift store this past week! I was thrilled! I brought it home but was saddened on "no place to put it". Finally, a lightbulb lit up in my head and I realized that we don't really use the microwave...there is no sense for it taking up the counter space as it does. Sooo...I moved the microwave to the room just beside the kitchen, where it now rests peacefully...


And after wiping down the counter with a fresh spray of Mrs Meyer's counter spray...I had the perfect space open for the bread box, which now houses my homemade bread! ;)

We are getting ready to have our first Thanksgiving feast! We are having it with Chris's side of the family this evening. I have made a fresh batch of delicious dinner rolls to take down! Before I go...I'll leave you with a few photos!


Miss Madelyn...
Xavier...
Another drawing of mine from "way-back-when"...

Fresh dinner rolls for supper...

Sunday afternoons are the perfect time for a peaceful nap...
My sleepy bean...

I hope you have enjoyed your weekend! Thanks so much for visiting! :)
Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

7 comments:

  1. the bread box def opens up space on the counter that the microwave dominated! looks good... and makes sense to have!

    the kiddles look cute!

    hope your feast was YUMMY! i am looking forward to Thursday... since it will be after my doc appt and i won't feel so guilty about eating too much and then having to get weighed.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am trying to live a simpler life! We don't have a microwave and I don't miss it! We did get a blender (for baby food) and a toaster because I was using my oven for that and now my oven is broken :-(

    I still trying to find new ways to save and make our home work :-)

    Have a blessed evening
    Mrs Stam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pictures of your kiddos. Love how you have made use of the counter space...sans microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for shraing your day with us! I just showed my son, Devin, your sketch..we just signed out the Rescuers Down Under from the library ( and have now seen it about 7 times!)
    I hope your dinner was nice!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bread box, fits in nicely.
    Our microwave had a hold on us for many years, then as we simplified our life, we used it less and less until finally we got rid of it all together. With our wood cookstove warming self you can thaw frozen items and soften butter fairly quickly.:o) After reading in later years what microwaves do to your food, we were glad to be rid of it.

    Those rolls looks delicious, I could almost smell them!
    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bread box. I have an old white tin one that I just love. Those rolls look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect spot for your new wonderful bread box. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy