Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Psalm of Praise

Psalm 145

I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Psalm 145 has been the focus of my quiet times lately. It is an absolutely beautiful psalm of praise, isn't it? I read it and agree with it in prayer. :) What have you been reading during your quiet times?

Yesterday, I was basically down the whole day...I had a terrible headache. Luckily, my mother and my mother-in-love took the children so I could rest my aching head. I awoke in the wee hours with it, went down and took some Ibuprofen and got out my essential oils to massage on my temples, then went back to bed...praying it would go away. Unfortunately, it didn't.
So today we'll be getting back into the *swing* of things...schooling, baking, housework and such.

I have just a few pictures to share with you today...

I think my flour needs refilled! ;)

A great way to make the most of kitchen counter space is by using a shelf!

Granola, cooling...


Into the laundry room...

Many rainy days end up with clothes being dried indoors...

Thank you for all your comments about my previous post. It's encouraging to know we are all in this together, isn't it? Lets hold each other up...be a shelter for others during the storm.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have met through blogging. :) You each bring such joy!

I hope you are having an enjoyable and productive week.
Warmly,
Katy :)


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

10 comments:

  1. tKaty,thanks for sharing the scriptures. I hope you are feeling a bit better. I am taking my daughter to her surgeon who did the throidectomy today, but we have to wait until 4:30,because he has surgery most of the day. I needed your thoughts today.~~~~~Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    I hope your head is better today!

    Love the peaceful glimpse into your home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! Pray that the headache is long gone and you are able to go about your business of homemaking :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your cookie cutters in the jar... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better today katy,and that it has been a better day. I was battling a headache yesterday too, mostly due to the weather that has settled in. I am glad to see your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lifting you up in prayer. Your a child of Gods kingdom & we all will have to agree in prayer for your complete healing from these headaces. Bless both your Mother & Mother-in-love. I have been reading the book of Psalm. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Katy, I know how difficult this must be, not by personal experience, but my dear hubby has migraines..and now chronic chest pain. It takes him out of work all day.

    I do hope you feel better and can get caught up again.

    For some reason,I've been down lately. Don't know if it's the winter weather finally kicking in or what.

    But like Elisabeth Elliott has said so advised so often, I just do the next thing.

    Praise is the best cure! Thanks for sharing the psalm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope youre feeling much better ..
    have a nice friday..
    love visiting and hearing about your day..
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry that you had such a bad day. My son gets those head aches and it can be really bad. I love the glimpse into your loverly home. It is so inviting.
    I enjoy your blog very much and I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by to collect it.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy