Sunday, November 28, 2010

A *Shower* of Blessings

After a lot of preparation and work...we celebrated my sister's pregnancy by throwing her a shower! My mom was the *mastermind* behind it all...but my aunts, Cory (my sister's husband)'s parents, cousins and myself all pitched in to make it as special as possible! My mom made the cookies pictured above...aren't they fantastic? :)

I got a few quick shots of the room before people started arriving...


Gift baskets, my mom and aunt put together, for prize drawings...

We had trays of sandwiches, veggies and crackers on the tables and then served the guests' choice of soup, broccoli cheese or vegetable. It was delicious!

The dessert table...

People began arriving and were greeted with big smiles and lots of love...

The punch...



Devon and Cory received absolutely *wonderful* gifts! They were truly blessed by many friends and family!

Opening the gifts I got the baby...a handmade quilt, bunny and wipes case (purchased from a store on etsy). Doesn't Devon just look beautiful? :)

Honestly, she looks absolutely fabulous! I would have never guessed she was over 30 weeks along! She is going to be a great mama and we are all just so thrilled to have this little one join our family in a couple months! :)

I need to go...I just need to finish a few things before heading to church this morning. I hope you all have a lovely, peaceful Sunday and week ahead. Rest and enjoy your family. Best of luck to all who go hunting tomorrow (or their husbands who do)! Thanks, so much, for stopping by!

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

6 comments:

  1. Yes, she is gorgeous! I love the baby bottle sugar cookies---I've never seen those before. Also, the punch dispenser is different--I'm used to a punch bowl. Blessings and warmth your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so beautiful, including the mama-to-be!

    I love the table centre piece with the little ducks!

    The cookies are so sweet!

    Oh and the stained glass window is stunning!

    God bless,
    love, Tina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My!! You guys did a fantastic job! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cookies! The room looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome celebartion,beautiful
    stained glass windows.. Sweet
    cookies too...
    Thanks for sharing :-) enjoyed

    Blessings and Hugs
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaahhhhhhhh.... so cute. The cookies with diapers lol and the duckies floating in the tall glass of water for center pieces. And Yes Yes Yes, Sis is so beautiful!
    God's blessed hand be on baby as he or she finished growing to be ready for arrival!
    Smile, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy