Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Love Set Aside...

Oh my! Madelyn and I were out in the garage earlier and found some old sketchbooks of mine. What memories it brought back. I loved to draw and sketch, paint and chalk. I thought I would share with you some of my artwork. It's nothing super fancy...but just what I did as a teen. I would love to start painting again...but only if and when time allows. I have other priorities right now. Some of you long-time readers may have remembered the top pictures I show in this post, as I have shown them before. They are framed and hung in my home. :)

For this piece, I used chalk on velour. I like working with chalk, as it is easy to blend/smudge your work so there aren't rigid lines. I won an award for this piece!...

This is another chalk picture on velour...

This was a winter scene I painted on canvas...I think I got a little *snow-happy* on the trees...I was still learning though! ;)

One of my favorites...black and white acrylic paint on canvas...

And here are some of the sketches I did while in high school. I was kind of fond of Disney characters (as I had always secretly hoped I could go and draw/create movies with their company). I looked off of things while I drew but never traced. I think tracing is "cheating drawing". Basically, if I can *see* something...I can draw it...



I am truly not self-absorbed...but when doodling, I doodle my own name a lot. Do you do that?

An aquatic scene that I never really finished it seems...





I had difficulty with the proper shadowing on faces so they look more *real*...

It's a nutcracker! ;)


Mascot from where I went to high school...

From the first movie I ever watched as a child (apparently, I was itty bitty and *quite* scared of that monstrous whale, Monstro (I think)!)...






Well, there you have it. Some pictures from my doodlings. Goodness, I need to at least sketch again. I really do enjoy it! :) I hope I haven't made you drearily weary from all the pictures. It just brings back such memories for me. Madelyn enjoyed seeing them too!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

9 comments:

  1. I bet your kids would love some mommy-made art for their walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented! Loved seeing your art work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, you have REAL talent! Those are beautiful, I hope one day when you have more time you will let your God given talent earn you some money, your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented. For years I had a portfolio of my artwork from my high school days ~ lost all of them to water damage. Broke my heart. Cherish yours and keep it in a safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My doodling certainly doesn't look as good as yours! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your artwork! I still have all the pictures I did in high school too, but that hobby has since been abandoned for "more practical" things, haha.

    Your high school mascot looks a lot like the mascot my high school had/has in Red Bluff, CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your art work. You are very talented.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Katy ~ It was fun to visit this post and see some of your artwork. You have been given this wonderful talent by the Lord (I know you know that!). What a blessing to be able to share your drawings with your children!! Your tiger is beautiful and the winter scene is very realistic. Since I live in an area where we see that sort of thing I can say that you didn't put too much snow on the trees. It's how it would look shortly after a big snowfall. In fact…you would even see less green than you have showing there. I did pencil drawings as a teen as well…many of mine are of Disney characters too. Thanks for directing me here to see your beautiful work. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy