Friday, November 12, 2010

Patchwork Afghan Progress

Although I have mentioned about this project, previously, it was *quite* a while ago. I am knitting a patchwork afghan for my sister and her husband, Cory. It has been a bit slow-going through the nicer weather. I liked getting *quicker* projects done. But now that the colder weather is slowly setting in, I have picked up my needles again to continue work on this project! :) My sister has been patiently waiting for me to finish it, as it was suppose to be a wedding present...a year and a half ago!

The square pattern I am presently working on is called Elfin Lace...

And a look at the squares I have already finished. Once they are all joined together, they will lay flat, I promise! ;)

This one, below, was a lot of fun. It was neat to see the tree come to life as I knitted each line...


If I remember correctly, this one was my first experience with cable knitting...and I was surprised, and excited, to find out that it really isn't difficult at all! :)


The square pictured below is of a shell pattern. It's not as easily seen in the picture...but it's pretty to see in actuality! :)


I am working on my 8th *patch* for the afghan. There are 20 square patches total! Eek...not even halfway! I need to get mooo-ving on it! :)

Today will be busy with schooling and housework. It's going to be another glorious day...so laundry will get hung out on the lines and the children will enjoy playing outside later! My nephew is coming over for a while this afternoon and the children, Jaxson especially as it is his *buddy* who is coming, are really looking forward to that!

I hope you each enjoy your day and thanks for dropping by! I hope the weekend is a bright and cheerful couple of days for you!

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

15 comments:

  1. so beautiful! I LOVE the different stitches:) Have a very blessed weekend,
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoooooray! i especially like the tree one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, Katy!! Great job!

    Did you teach yourself how to knit or did you have someone mentor you?? I so want to learn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented. I too would love to learn to knit. I love to crochet...especially in the winter as the projects keep me warm, the larger they become! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Katy those are really so beautiful. What a gift to be able to give to your sister. I so wish I knew how to crochet and to knit as well. I would love to be able to create things like that. You are so gifted with all that. What a blessing you are to your family and friends. I wish you lived close by me. Hehe! Have a great weekend. You are a wonderful and beautiful person inside and out. May God richly bless you and your family abundantly above and beyond what you could even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.
    My mother made each of us children an afghan when we got married. Mine is fully cross-stitched on-top of the knitting. I love it and it has donned my living room for 27 years now. My colour schemes have changed the the afghan is still there.
    Your will be a treasure too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful, Katy! That's it..I'm coming down there to get you to teach me how to knit. I can do a huge scarf and basic washcloths..you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, Your work is exquisite! I have never seen such beautiful work..and gorgeous detail.

    Thanks so much for showing us your afghan 'in process'.

    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! It will be stunning when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Gorgeous work of art,I dont
    Knit,But do appreciate the work
    that goes in to a Project,
    I Enjoying sewing and Stitching, Candle Wicking etc..
    Your Sister is going to treasure
    her gift,worth waiting for !!

    Katy thanks again for those extra
    prayers,Beginning to feel better
    each and every day,Pain is less and
    less each day..

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will post a photograph of your finished project. The squares look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy ~ I love your blog, it is refreshing and uplifting! We have *much* in common! Please check out my blog..I am new at it..and still tweakin it, but it will give you and insight to me and our life at Rosehaven Cottage! Blessings to you and yours! ;o)
    www.musings@rosehavencottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops..that's musingsfromrosehavencottage.blogspot.com Would love more followers to encourage me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lovely the squares all are..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy