Thursday, November 11, 2010

To Be Young Again...

... to be a child, to be a child! To have
the roads and the days all stretching out forward and upward and away.

~Gary Jennings

Sweet childish days, that were as long
As twenty days are now.
~William Wordsworth, "To a Butterfly"

Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons.
~Author Unknown


Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.
~John F. Kennedy

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord.
~Psalm 127:3

The days have been absolutely beautiful here in PA. The children have made the most of them...getting lots of playtime in! We have schoolwork squeezed in between wonderful times of play. :)


I have finished the basket weave dishcloth I was working on (pictured above) and have now resumed knitting squares for the patchwork afghan I have been knitting my sister and her husband! :) I will be sure to share pictures of that, soon!

Today is Veteran's Day...an although we should be thankful for them every day...let each of us take the time to say *thank you* to those who are and have served our country...for us!
Thank you Veterans!
I appreciate what you have done for me and my family!


I hope you are enjoying your week. Thank you for visiting!
Kindly,
Katy


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

9 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    I'm new to you blog but just wanted to say "hi!";) We live in PA too (south central) and yes, the days have been gorgeous! Have a blessed day in the Lord!

    Blessings,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to come by and wish you a blessed day!♥
    I am new to your blog and what a blessing it has been to me to find a blog so filled with such love~ love for the Lord, love for family, and love for home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dish cloth!

    looks like the kids were having some fun.... a little too close to the road! haha! (i can say that, i'm their aunt)

    are you doing anything for Jax's bday? it's coming up quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dishcloth turned out great! I too am experimenting with different knitting patterns and started a baby blanket with little hearts on it. So far it is looking great.

    I met your mom yesterday!

    In Christ,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and I miss my wagon! Thanks for the post Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! My kids have been enjoying this lovely weather as well....

    Have a delightful weekend, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the kids being kids! We have been trying to enjoy our warm weather as well. It is unusual for this time of year and will soon be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through Ellie...you have a lovely family. I love doing anything by candlelight...so cozy and romantic.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic fit with the bookshelf. I love it when that happens!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy