Monday, November 15, 2010

A Glorious Monday Morning!

Good morning! How are *you* today?? I'm so glad you took the time to stop by and visit me today! We had a nice weekend...except Saturday night, poor Jaxson got sick. I would sit with him and rub his back as he was ill. Poor little guy. Thankfully, he was able to sleep between getting sick. So far, no one else has gotten sick, praise God! Sunday morning, Jaxson was back to himself and doing great! Children are so resilient, aren't they?

**Before** Jax got sick, we all enjoyed our Saturday. We were busy...but accomplishing much throughout a day is such a great feeling...isn't it? My mother is away...visiting her aunt, so I invited my dad over for supper Saturday evening. I made a beef roast, mashed potatoes and corn. I also made some rolls and cinnamon rolls, for dessert! :)

I use the same recipe for making my dinner rolls that I use to make my cinnamon rolls.


Jaxson helping mama...


After the dough's first rising...I take half of the dough, roll it out and cover it with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.


Then I roll it up and cut it with a string. Then I place the pieces on a baking sheet and let them rise again.


After baking...they are absolutely delicious!!!

With the other half of the dough...after the first rising, I shape them into rolls and let them rise again.

Then I cook them at 375* for 12-15 minutes...and spread butter over each one while they are still hot...

Homemade rolls...yum!

Sunday, we stayed home from church, in case we all were carrying any germs or got sick, after Jaxson's bout with it. It was a cloudy and rainy day. It was the perfect day to light lamps and candles throughout the house, while doing our own study of the Bible at home, with the littles.



The warm glow from candles and lamps creates a wonderfully cozy atmosphere...it's a way of creating your own sunshine on a cloudy day! :)

Today, after seeing Chris off to work and the children fed breakfast, we all got busy with our morning chores. The animals were fed, beds made and tidying up done. I have bread dough rising right now and banana nut bread baking in the oven (which smells wonderful!). A load of clothes is ready to be hung out on the lines, as well.

We will start our schooling soon...and then I am sure the afternoon will hold hours of fun and playing for the children. I may work more on my latest knitting project!

“Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the flowers, Kind deeds are the fruits, Take care of your garden And keep out the weeds, Fill it with sunshine Kind words and kind deeds”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


I hope you have a beautiful Monday! I certainly plan to! :)
Cheerfully,
Katy :)




I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

8 comments:

  1. You were missed at church. I am glad Jaxson is feeling better.

    In Christ's love,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Jaxson is feeling better:) those cinnamon rolls look delicious and love the cozy lamplight! My son is coming home from the Army for Christmas and getting married so I've been a busy, busy gal, but a GOOD busy:D Enjoy the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new {fairly new}to reading your blog and I am encouraged to keep on doing what I am doing and that there are kindred spirits out there! *Ü*
    Wishing you a blessed week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a tummy thing go through the family a few weeks ago...not nice. :(

    Hope you all stay well, and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rolls look so good. Glad to hear your son is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Katy,
    Those rolls look so yummy. Glad Jaxson is feeling better. Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy, my name is Christina and I live in Canada. I've been following your blog for a while now and I love reading each post. This last week I had the opportunity to get on the semi with my husband and drive through Pensylvania. I loved the sights of your state.So something strange happened and I'm hoping you can give me an answer. We bypassed in accident and had to take a detour on highway 322, I forget the name of the town but we stopped where a man(volunteer firefighter?) was directing traffic through and asked him if we were actually on the 322. Anyway, after rolling the window up it dawned on me that he looked just like your husband. It struck me as such a Divine moment as I have no idea where you live in PA but was so convinced that it was him. So I'm hoping that you can confirm or tell me I'm totally out to lunch :) What a small world it is if it truly was a connection to you beyond the world of blogging. Thanks, Christina

    I tried emailing but it didn't work. Mine is chris.doerksen@hotmail.com if you prefer to email

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy