Saturday, November 13, 2010

Simple Peace

I have been working at cleaning and organizing in my bedroom all morning. Our house has no closets. None, zilch, nada. When Chris and I built the addition on our home, we put a closet in our bedroom...but it just doesn't suffice for the true amount of closet space we need. So our bedroom has become sort of the catch-all/closet. Our bedroom is, thankfully, large and able to store things...but it can easily become out-of-sorts.

One thing I did was take *all* the books from the bookshelf in our room, and moved it into the hall, where it fits quite nicely! Many of the books I went through will be donated...but those that we are keeping, I put back onto the shelf...

I find such peace when things are where they belong. I am always able to keep up with it, downstairs...and hopefully, after tweaking some things in my room and making it more organized for what will work better, I will be able to get my room looking wonderful as well! :)

Our room, since built on by ourselves, isn't totally finished. The flooring isn't finished, the trim isn't around the windows and closet doors need put on. It'll happen...one day! ;)


So, as I have been working hard all morning, I thought I would take a quick break and share some pictures, from the past few days, with you!

Miss Madelyn with one of her new skirts on. She looks so sweet in them! However, with her having two brothers...when going outside to play, she feels its much easier to run and jump in pants.


Freshly ironed napkins...

While I hung wash out on the line...


...the children had fun swinging and playing! (Although Madelyn and Xavier look stationary in the picture, they were actually in motion, going opposite directions!)


Jaxson...after lots of play, in great need of a bath! ;)

Jack-the-cat (I've had him longer than Chris and I have been married!)...

The girls are doing well. There was a hole in the chicken run fencing and with Chris being so busy with work during the day and working at the meat market at night...I decided *I* would fix it! I did it...but it sure didn't look too great. It worked for the time being...but as I type, Chris is outside fixing my fix-it job! ;)


The wood pile is growing and growing, thankfully. It will keep us nice and toasty warm this winter!

Last evening, the children enjoyed watching Alice in Wonderland while I made supper. Chris was down working at the meat market. It was the more recent remake of the movie. I didn't think I would like it...but I actually *did*! The children really love it too...although they often call it Allison in Wonderland! ;)


After the movie and supper were over...we all snuggled in and I read another chapter of Little House in the Big Woods to them! We are almost done with it. Hopefully, as the colder months set in, we will be able to sit and read more than one chapter at a time. We were all tucked into bed early, as my eyelids get heavy much earlier now that the clocks have been turned back and darkness sets in sooner!

Well, there's more cleaning/organizing to do. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Sending big warm smiles to each of you! Thank you for visiting!

Warmly,
Katy :)


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

7 comments:

  1. Katy, I love visiting your blog - what a lovely post today, your blog is always a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get the no closet thing. With nine people in one house and only wardrobes. OH! there are days!

    When my now 19 year old was 3 ,I read the Little House series to my children at night. I sat in the hallway so they could hear it from their bedrooms. They loved it and my dearest husband got the most out of it. Enjoy this time. You will remember it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed since moving to Nova Scotia that it is a big deal if an older house has closets in it! We looked at many that didn't have any at all. We ended up buying a newer house and thankfully we have closets! I was outside this morning also, building up the wood pile and burning a lot of brush. We don't have a woodstove yet, but there has been so many trees down on our property that we stack the wood and take it to our pastor's house when he runs out. Or we just use it to have a fire and roast marshmallows when the weather is nice. I must say though that these days with the price of oil, an outdoor wood burning furnace like yours is getting pretty intriguing! Stay tuned for an email about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,your daughter is growing into a very beautiful young lady.You are doing a great job.I love seeing pictures of other homes,your is so cozy.The kids look really happy to be together all cozied together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderfully organized! Your house is beautiful and cozy and your kids look so happy and content.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reorganizing our rooms and making them more 'workable' for us!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Katy, for yet another peaceful visit.

    Blessings...Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy