Monday, November 8, 2010

From My Notes

As I mentioned in THIS post, my mom and I went to a Ladies Seminar where Elizabeth George was speaking. She was gentle and sweet with her words. I really enjoyed listening to her speak! I also was able to have her sign a book of hers, that I purchased! Her husband, Jim George, was there as well. :)

In the comments on my previous post, I had many requests for me to share the notes I took at the seminar. I am happy to share what I wrote...I hope it isn't too choppy and confusing for you to understand! She had 3 sessions at the seminar, but I began to not feel well after lunch, so my mom and I left before the 3rd session. I will share what I got from the first 2 sessions! :)

**Each day is sacred for what God holds for us.
**Many moments (good and bad) in life come unannounced, but they *do* come.

Tips for some life changing truths ~
♥ Phillipians 4:8

Truth
the Word of God
something that is real, honest

1. Truth about God:
♥ Exodus 2:23-24
~God hears His children, looks upon us, remembers His promises, knows it all. He knows our sorrows and does things about it.
~We are to cast all our cares upon Him because He cares for us!
~He is all that we need!

2. Truth of the Bible/Doctrine:
♥ 1 John 1:9
~God is faithful to forgive us of our sins when we admit (confess) our transgressions to Him.
~Don't allow my *feelings* to make me think any different than what His Word says.
~If the Bible says it -- we need to live by it.

3. Worth in Christ:
♥ Psalm 139
We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Marvelous are God works and He created me!

♥ 2 Timothy 1:9
God has saved us and called us, not according to our works, but, to His purpose and grace. All we are is a gift to God.

**Our worth is in Him!
**Follow God (through thick and thin) with *all* our heart.

**Winning Over Worry**

♥ Matthew 6:33-34 ~ Seek first His Kingdom...don't be anxious about tomorrow! Deal with today...it requires all our energy!

1. Past:
Forget what lies behind (after learning from it)
Stop the "If Only"s because~
* The past is not "real" anymore and our memories get fuzzy of what is "true".
* It brings remorse.
* It fails to acknowledge God.

♥ ♥ ♥ God is the author and finisher of our faith!

2. Present:
♥ Proverbs 22:6
♥ 1 Corinthians 10:13

* Pray and fast
* Realize how things "really and truly" are and recognize what can be done about it.
* Keep our character in line with Him.
* Give my all each day ~ God will enable me to do this.

3. Future:
* Don't hold on to the "What if"s. We can prepare for things...but not obsessively; handle the here and now!
* Worrying about the future breeds fear and fails to acknowledge God.
* God always provides for us.

♥ ♥ Focus on what you *do* have and not on what you *don't*.
♥ ♥ God will always take care of us. We have no need of worry.
♥ ♥ When trials come, we can be certain God will strengthen us for that!

*Always Remember*

Everything that happens to me:

*God knows it
*It's not a mistake
*Good will come out of it
*God is with me




Those are the notes I took this past Saturday. :) I hope you were able to glean things from them. I pray God touches you through my notes as He touched me through Elizabeth's words. I love soaking up wisdom, don't you?

I've been up since 4 this morning. After a little breakfast and my time with God, I worked on some knitting, bathed, then got laundry going and bread rising all before 6am! It's nice to be able to get a lot done, early. That's how it works well, for me. Although your methods may be different and work well, for you! :) I have laundry to hang out and schooling to do. I best get going...I hope you enjoy your day! I'm glad you stopped by!

Joyfully,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the notes! I too, like to plow through things early in the morning, it gives me wiggle room during the day. Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never know how much I needed your post this morning! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Katy for taking your time to post on your blog. It is so refreshing and deeply appreciated by many. Thank you so much for sharing your notes from the seminar. You are such a Blessing to me! Thank you so much and God Bless your sweet family.
    Donna, gmills4@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your notes. I have one of her books and will enjoy reading it. I read more in the winter so I hope to read it this year. I like getting things done early too helps the day go better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Katy for your refeshing
    post and share the notes form the
    seminar, I'm also a very early person who enjoys getting things
    done in the early morning hours
    just how I been all my life, And when I worked I always got up early
    and did things before I left..
    making the day go better !!!

    Thanks Katy for the prayers I'm
    doing better in the healing process
    so appreciate the extra prayers

    Blessings to all ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great notes...so much to glean and truths to hold on too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you missed the last session of the seminar Katie. Hope this finds you much better. We really have learned alot from Elizabeth George. I'm glad you came away with much to muse over too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Katy for taking notes and posting them, they were really helpful to me and I am going to write them down so I can re read them. I have been struggling in many areas for a couple of months now, and ws praying that God would show me a glimpse of what I should do and how to do it, and He used you to help me get my mind back to where it needs to be. Thanks! It's a little late now to wish you a wonderful day...so how about sweet dreams? So many times I have had such a rough day and one of the things I truly look forward to is checking in with you and the words you share. Blessings to you and your family!
    Ellie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for sharing! the "always remember" part was helpful to me, i may want to make a bookmark or something to keep it in mind :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy