Monday, November 29, 2010

It has begun...

...coughing, hacking, sneezing and yes, I admit, even a little whining. Oh my~ it's a doozy of a cold! Madelyn started with it and shared it with me. Her and I have both been taking cough syrup...but it doesn't seem to help much. I've been using a lot of these too...

Despite feeling just dreadful, we have gotten schooling done today (although I still have some recording and such to do), dishes are done, most of the laundry is folded and some is out on the line, and the house is picked up and decently tidy. That, at least, makes me smile (with my dreadfully dry and chapped lips! ;)

Just a few pictures to share from the past week, that you may enjoy!


Chris got a new pair of boots. He wears them hard, all year, and then usually in December, goes to visit the Amish and buys a new pair...









Last Friday...my children were in a Christmas parade in our little town! My dad and some fellows at his garage got the truck all decorated and ready to go. I got my little *elves* all suited up in snowpants, boot, gloves and hats. The guys even hooked up a generator on the back of the truck to run a small heater for them!

My dad rode in the back with the children and Chris and I sat *inside* the truck...

They really enjoyed throwing out the bags we put together of candy pieces and tracts about Jesus, the *true* meaning of Christmas celebrations! Once they ran out of the bags we put together, they just started throwing candy to all the anxious youngsters who lined the streets! :)

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! If you haven't yet, and have some time, check out the previous post about my sister's baby shower! It was a wonderful success! :)

I am so grateful that you stopped by today! I hope your days are merry and bright, full of love and joy! I hope you will stop by again, soon!

Warmly,
Katy :)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

17 comments:

  1. Oh Katy! I pray that you both feel better very soon! I have really noticed that cough syrups do nothing for me or my children. And I know honey is great for a cold but I really cannot stnad honey. I do try the Vicks on the feet with a pair of heavy socks on over top trick..and that oddly enough really seems to help! Hope you are on the mend soon!
    hugs,
    Ellie

    PS...Your sister's shower was beautiful, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both feel better soon! My son was home for Thanksgiving from the Army and brought me a cough too, it was worth seeing him though;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ! PLEASE get well soon! Lovely posts lately. The kids look happy! Get some rest, and drink plenty of tea!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying that you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are feeling better soon! I noticed that Ellie mentioned Vicks rub on the bottom of your feet... it really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet pictures of your elves. Take care of that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures as always! Hope you are all feeling better soon!
    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, hope you both are feeling better soon. My 10 year old daughter has the cough and yucky feeling too. I agree with the other ladies that the vicks does work. I have been doing it on all my kids and myself for years. My mother in law told me about it 25 years ago! I enjoy visting your blog.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. put Vicks on the bottom of your feet... not even kidding!

    didn't know dad rode on the back of the truck thru the parade... haha! wish i could've been there! oh well! that's what i get for living an hour away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (ha... just read the other comments... looks like i'm not alone on the vick's thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so sorry to hear you are poorly. I can empathise with you Katy, as we have it too!

    Beautiful pics of your cozy and pretty home, and what fun the kids had!

    God bless,
    ~ Tina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    So nice to meet you! Love your blog and your heart for the Lord!
    I'm going to be your newest follower.
    I'm in PA, too. I have a feeling we aren't too far apart...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying you all get better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope you guys feel better soon..
    love the pics..
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are all feeling better today. The elves are cute. How sweet & caring to add the tracts to the bags. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to see that you're under the weather. I was like that last week. I hope you're on the mend real soon. I always love seeing pictures of your beautiful family and lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Katy, I'll be praying for you. I know how tough a bad cold can be. I just got over mine!

    I wrote a post called Keeping Up When You're Feeling Down. It's about being brave and doing a few little things to care for the family even when we don't feel like it..which I didn't--Ha!

    I'd forgotten in my business, just how beautiful your home and photos are. Your blog is like a breath of fresh 'spiritual' air. :o)

    Thanks for sharing God's love and yours with us.

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy