Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Time of Rest

The next few weeks...and maybe months...are going to be quite busy around our neck of the woods! Between Thanksgiving, a Christmas parade my children are in, my sister's baby shower, Jaxson's birthday, church activities, deer season (remember: my inlaws own a meat market...which means we butcher and wrap a lot of deer during this time!), schooling and Christmas...the days are going to be extremely exhausting!

So, I decided to take this week off, totally, from schooling. I had planned on at least working on it for the first half of the week with the children...but with the busyness ahead, I thought a time of *rest* would be nice before Thanksgiving and things begin. I will take this time to get ahead on laundry and get the house nice and tidy.

I will also take some time to get some knitting done...

And a bit done on my newest project, a surprise, but here is a sneak peak...


And before I go...a couple photos to share:

Xavier, on the tow-trike my dad and Chris made him, towing a car in the waiting room at my dad's garage...

And the children, this morning, with their newly decorated masks. I think they did such a great job with them! Jaxson named himself Ichabod the Reindeer! ;)

I hope that you and yours have an absolutely enjoyable Thanksgiving...full of love and gratefulness...whether you have much or little.

Content makes poor men rich; discontent makes rich men poor.
~Benjamin Franklin

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me today!
Do you have a question?...
I have thought about doing an *answering questions* post at some point. I seem to get many questions through comments and emails...I try to answer them by replying one way or another...but others may have a similar question and never hear the answer. If I can compile enough questions that have been (or are asked even now on this post)...maybe I will do a post about it! :o)

Warm wishes for an enjoyable holiday!
Katy :)



I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

18 comments:

  1. Your blog has become one of my favorites. I have visited several times now, love the warm homey feeling of your posts, your heart for God, and your family. No questions for now, just want to let you know I appreciate what you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Katy! I count you, even though we have never met, as a blessing in my life. Your blog, photos and words, are a treat each day you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are taking the week off in our homeschool as well. A much needed to break to focus on some cleaning and organizing before it gets really busy.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Katy!
    Enjoy this little break and I do hope you find some time to rest,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Break are nice! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with lots of fun family and time to reflects on God's blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're taking a break from homeschool this week too. We've been hard at it since August so it's time. And what a perfect time! We have Thanksgiving to prepare for, Christmas decorating to get to, and snow on the ground! Great time of year. Is the new knitting project a baby blanket? For yourself? ;-) Just a guess.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Katy! So blessed by my stops by your blog!

    ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those masks! Busy times here too, my son is coming home on Christmas leave and getting married, my heart is full of joy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Katy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Katy! I hope that you are blessed with a restful holiday full of great family time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy your break from the routine.

    I think that it would be nice to have a question and answer post. I know with the upcoming holidays, I would love to hear more about your Christmas plans, gift giving, children's plans, ect. I know that with having 4 kiddos.....my days are always full.

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your break and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always took off the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas from doing book work for home school, but counted time worked on projects, baking and wrapping gifts and getting to the P.O.

    Our family tradition( when the children were children, not young adults as they are now) we made our sugar cookies and decorated them on Christmas Eve day. We always did an advent story of some sorts in the evening, lighting the advent candles.

    Totally understand your being busy, we are right now too. I always say winter is for resting and yet we stay just as busy in winter as in Spring, Summer and Fall *wink*

    Praying your Thanksgiving is filled with wonderful memories, blessings and much love!,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. We also decided last minute to take this week off from homeschooling. We have alot to get done also and will be busy in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Christmas play, children's program, family program at church you name it so it is nice to have this down time.

    I feel so blessed to call you friend even though we have never met and I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for a safe place to come and relax after a crazy day.

    Hope your holiday is as blessed as can be and enjoy your time with your children.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. You surely do have a very busy season ahead! I will be sure to pray for your family, that you all have great health, rest and joyful memories during the holidays!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! You have become a special blessing to me! I truly enjoy visiting your blog, so warm and inviting : )
    I will take a guess on your special project.....would it, could it be a baby blanket for you?
    Just guessing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! And, yes, I would love to see a question/answer posts.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute masks! Did the name Ichabod come from a Dr. Seuss book?? I don't know why I think it does but it sounds familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew...it does sound like you are going to be busy. Have a great Thanksgiving and I do hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!! So nice to get to come and do a little reading on your blog! Wish I could come more...........I am learning to be content. Smile.... sometimes that doesn't always feel good. Enjoy your break!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy the Break and taking time
    with your family... Love your
    Loving and warm feeling your blog
    is such a joy coming to visit each time. Photo's are always so awesome,

    Winter Blessings
    hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy