Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn Settles In

All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings. Wings beating low over the blue water of Silver Lake, wings beating high in the blue air far above it . . . bearing them all away to the green fields in the South.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder
Another busy and enjoyable day ahead here at our home! I have tax reports to get together and finished, schooling to do with the children and housework to do. Although I made bread yesterday, I may make more today, as well. I thought I would share some pictures taken recently, these days as autumn settles in and prepares the way for winter! :)

Xavier, working on his schooling (he put that little clip on tie because he was trying to dress up ;)...

Jaxson, full of smiles...
Some of my Cats Meow houses...(many found at the thrift store!)

A fun, fall treat....pumpkin icecream (yum!)...


Have you ever made chicken a la king and put it over bread cups? Oh my...it's one of our favorite meals. It's very simple and delicious!

Leaves have fallen from the trees...

...leaving the trees bare 'til spring arrives again!

Stu has been enjoying the days, snacking and following me, when I am outside! :) She's such a sweetie!

The clocks have been turned back and as night sets in, early, oil lamps and candles are lit throughout the house...


Have you ever done dishes by lamp light? Oh my, it's wonderful! The picture makes it seem super dark...but the lamp really gives plenty of light and it is so calming and peaceful...making a "chore" actually be an enjoyable thing to do!

My children love seek and find books...



Schooling...planning/teaching/grading...has kept me busy as well...

We enjoyed homemade pizza for lunch yesterday...


Homemade Amish White Bread...

Sliced for supper, which accompanied chicken/stuffing casserole, corn (from the garden and frozen)...

My parents joined us for supper...as today is my mom's birthday! So, we celebrated a day early...but I think she enjoyed supper and her gifts!

Tonight, at 5pm, I will be watching Glenn Beck. Tonight is an important show. I encourage you to watch if you can, as well. Even if you don't like him...that's OK...the facts he is showing tonight on George Soros (very dangerous man to our country) are things we need to know.

I'm glad you stopped by today! I hope you are enjoying your week. I hope you will stop by again, soon!

Warmly,
Katy :)




I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

15 comments:

  1. If I did dishes by lamp light... I'd have to re-do them again when I saw how many I didn't get cleaned! LOL!

    Love the clip on tie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those cutie pies around, how do you get any work done? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Post Katy, I'm also a baker
    and enjoy "new" recipes to try..
    Beautiful Children you can see the
    happiness in their spirits, what
    Godly excellent Mother you are..

    Yes I'll also be watching Glen Beck
    my Hubby never misses it,I Believe
    he is messenger with words of wisdom for Our Country....

    Katy, I found Elizabeth George Web
    Site, So many awesome book to pick
    from,which ones have you readed??
    I see she also on the Radio,but not
    in my area, so not sure if I can
    listen to her, Will try with Panadora Radio

    Thanks again for sharing..

    Have wonderful blessed day...
    hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are SO adorable - love the little necktie action going on =D - the food looks amazing! I'm hungry, now! lol Thank you for sharing the recipe for Chicken a la King...I might have to try it this winter! =)

    Have a bright and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so silly:) The chicken dish looks delicious, and no I've never done dishes by lamplight (yet:) but I love the soft glow and have been burning my oil lamp alot! I always tell my hubby someday when he retires, I want to buy a farm in Holmes co. Ohio, Amish country, it's SO beautiful there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy~ Doing dishes by candle light, now that's new to me sounds like fun but for me I have a dishwasher and am lucky to get the dishes in there by noon the next day :):):)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad and your mom share a birthday! My dad is 83.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post is full of such delight in the ordinary things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I have dishes waiting to be done and I'm not to excited about doing them, I'm going to do them by candlelight. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    As always love your blog. :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wrapping on your Mothers gift is beautiful. Happy Birthday to your Mom! Stu is sweet. I love when my ducks follow me around out side as I work in the gardens. I collected cats meow houses at one time. Some really good deals on ebay. Once I was going to part with them. So glad I kept them. Have a great week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. food looks yummy..
    take care Katy..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bread always looks so delicious! My never looks that "put" together! LOL. Hmmm pumpkin ice cream sounds really good! I love anything pumpkin. I just posted recipes for double layer pumpkin pie and pumkin dip made with pumpkin butter on my blog. :-) Glad to see things are going well for you and your family.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy, I sat down the left side of the auditorium about 4 rows from the front in the aisle against the wall. I did hear them say you and your Mom's name and I looked around and wondered if that could be you but did not see who they were talking about. The meal was ok, spicy and dry for me. Your Mom did a very nice job with the brochures, tell her I said so! Love the tie! My youngest son had a winnie the pooh tie he wore every where! Your home looks warm and cozy as always ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bread looks wonderful! I have never tried the chicken dish, I will have to add that to my list of things to try. That list just seems to keep growing :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy