Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Quick Note

This morning, I was up and showered quickly. While Chris got ready for work and was home with the boys...Madelyn and I went to vote. Well...*I* voted...but Madelyn got to see what the process is like! *A great homeschooling experience!* Did you remember to vote? Your vote is important! :)

Although it is *quite* chilly outside, I have clothes hanging out and plan on taking some more to hang up, as well. The sun is shining and it looks as though it is going to be a beautiful fall day! :) Schooling, housework, reading, bread-making, and knitting will fill the day, today.

Above is a picture of a shelf I just purchased recently! I just love it and found it at a great price! For now, it houses pretty things...but one day, it may house books ~ as my other bookshelves become filled! ;)

Madelyn made herself into an owl, yesterday. She was so cute "hooting" around the house and flapping her "wings"! She designed that mask all by herself! I thought she did such a great job!

Jaxson picked me a flower and handed it to me with love, yesterday...


**I did a few quick changes of things on my blog....for instance, there are many people who read my blog that I know are *not* bloggers. So you may not have a blogger account and aren't able to *follow* in that followers section. So I added the Facebook widget, so if you would like to follow my blog through that, you can! It's on the right sidebar, if you are interested. There are a few other changes I made as well. Nothing major...just a few little things. :)

Please remember to go vote today...no matter *who* you vote for ~ just make your voice heard. It's our responsibility!


Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.
~Louisa May Alcott

Have a lovely day!
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

15 comments:

  1. I have been out to vote on this frosty morning. Now school is happening, I have beds to make, dinner to decide on, and looking up bread recipes using spelt. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have voted too. All four of mine went with me. They thought it was fun. I became a follower today, but it wouldn't let me upload a picture. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute owl she is:) Love the shelf too and I'm hoping today's voting starts to bring some positive, very much NEEDED, changes for this country:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shelf with the pretties!
    My kids like to make masks like that too. I never know what animal they will try to be next.
    Wish I could hang out clothes today, but I am *so* enjoying our much-needed rainfall! :)
    Much love to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan went with me to vote this morning. She was so proud of her I Vote I Count sticker.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted! This is the first year I did not have one of the kids go with me. They were all in school. But we talked about it last night, we did a mock vote at home. They made ballots, voted, and then "counted" their votes. It was interesting watching how they process in their minds what elections are about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got up early and went to vote. The air has turned really cold here with frost and a chance of snow later on this week. I LOVE this time of the year.

    Love the owl mask. Great art project!

    Hope that you and your family have a nice day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted! A copy of a ballot came home with me so I can let Sam do his voting & I picked him up a "I voted" sticker. sam is in school but likes to take part in the election. I do this every time I vote. It is a good teaching tool for him & shows him is important to vote. Some day he will cast his vote & it will really count. Great owl mask. Pretty new shelf. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you are always "arranging things".

    I also voted! :)

    I will check out your facebook!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voting today took all of two seconds as I dialed a straight R. LOL My kids used to like to punch the hole in the paper...way back when. Remember hanging chads? haha
    I asked my husband if it was OK to sing Nananana, hey hey hey, goodbye on the way in. He said, "No." (shucks) Hope this is the start of a new beginning for the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. eva and i read your lovely post. eva liked the owl mask. i think our daughters are close in age. i like the shelf with the turquoise vase. thank you for advertising sam harvey. very sweet of you. is that bag i sent you too crazy for you? be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katy! I am not a blogger myself but I do enjoy following some of the blogs that I have found. I especially enjoy yours. You are such a special woman of God. I love the way you share your faith by the life that you live. Sharing the daily activities of your sweet family truly is a blessing to me.
    Blessings on your day--Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm ashamed to say that I did not vote. First time in years maybe decades, ugh, I can't believe I'm old enough to say that! My hubby & I both did not feel that we knew - I mean really got to know the person - each candidate to cast a fair vote. Sadly, we've lost faith in Illinois politics...

    On a happy note...I LOVE the photo changes you made!

    Have a great week!! ~Jenny www.themagicfarmhouse.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, I voted and took both my younger kids with me so they could experience the whole process also.

    I love all your pics and always do when you post pics of your home and your beautiful kiddos. Love the mask that your daughter made so cute.

    Have a great day and stay warm.

    Anne F.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ilove that new shelf, its cute..
    take care,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy