Thursday, November 4, 2010

Joyful Days

The days have been full...yet moments of quiet and rest happen seemingly *just* when we need them. I have captured a few moments here and there (mostly right before bed) to read a bit. I have finished reading the book "The Tender Commandments" by Ron Mehl. I found it to be a wonderful, encouraging book about the Father's love for us, each of us. I am so thankful for His love. I have now started reading the book "Twelve Extraordinary Women" by John MacArthur.

I am excited to be able to say that I have the priviledge to go hear Elizabeth George speak, along with my mom, this coming Saturday! It will be at a Women's Seminar for most of the day! I have never attended one before, but I look forward to it. I will have Bible, notebook and pen in hand...I am an avid note-taker! ;)

Schooling is done for today, bread is made and cooling, a roast is in the crock pot for supper, the house is tidy and the children are playing. It's drizzling a bit, outside...but that's OK...just encourages me to light more candles! ;)

Here are some photos to share from the last couple of days...

Homemade banana nut bread...


Madelyn has finished reading the book, Heidi, and is now reading Robin Hood. She has been spending a lot of time reading....the better her reading skills grow each day, the more she loves diving into a good book!

Making biscuits...


A corner of the dining room with a new decorating item given to me by my aunt...

In the kitchen...


Baskets make great lamps!

Fresh, warm bread...


Candles lit throughout our home, making a wonderful fragrance fill the air...

Madelyn...

X and Ruthie...

A shelf...with a new box on it, my mom got for me. It reads "The laughter of a child is the light of a home." Isn't that beautiful? It's so true, too! :)

Notice the bottle on the far left, pictured below? It's an old inkwell and my children found it out in the dirt around our home! Isn't that incredibly neat? :)

The children's artwork...

More artwork...(I plan on taking these things and putting them in three ring binders...one for each child...as keepsakes, as mentioned HERE. Then *new* artwork will get to hang up on the lines!)

That stray dog that I mentioned HERE, sweet as he was, was *still* here at our home after days! Our dog, Cash, did *not* like him being around and we had to keep Cash away from the stray...which isn't always an easy thing to do when the stray has free reign outdoors. While we were doing our schooling, I peeked out and saw *Doggy*, as I called him, sleeping in a pile of leaves...it was really sweet. ;)

Last evening, I battled a terrible headache. Doggy was outside barking...a lot. It was really bothering my head. I was so thankful when he (finally) stopped and I could go to sleep. After trying to find his owner, or hoping he would find his way back to his *own* house, my mom finally convinced me that it would be best for me to call the Dog Warden. He came and got him and took him to the nearest humane society. He has a great chance for adoption because he is still young but kind, loving and playful. He seems like a really good dog. :) I hope he finds a good home. Honestly, animal lover that I am, I would have loved to have kept him ourselves if we didn't already have two dogs.

I used to end each post with the Numbers blessing...but in my Bible reading recently, I came upon another prayer that I want to leave to each of you...please read it...over and over at the end of my posts until you have it completely soaked into your hearts. So many don't understand the depths of His love. It is my hope that *you* will know it!

Grateful for your visit today...always an encouragement to hear from you, as well! :)
Warmly,
Katy

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:16-20

17 comments:

  1. I have the same Amish couple in my kitchen. I was able to find two little matching Amish boys that I added. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayer blessing Katy.... I do so want this soaked in the deepest part of my heart. Blessing be back on you dear lady. I am so happy for you to go see Elizabeth George. I Have read many of her books and would love for you to share your notes when you return. As always a visit here is warm, inviting and lit with HIS love. Thank you for the focus on life, beauty and simplicity in our everyday. hugs, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Katy
    Beautiful prayer of blessings, Your
    focus on life is so Christ-Center
    warm and loving,I have not heard of
    Elizabeth George, But I will be searching for her books, Please share your notes from the meeting
    Coming visiting your Blog is alawys
    so refreshing something I look forward to daily.. More so now since I been recovering from Surgery and dealing with more pain
    then anyone knows..
    Blessings /Hugs Trish-Ladybug in Az

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    I had my candles lit today and this evening, too! We are going to watch a movie soon, as a family with a friend of ours.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy...thank you for your delightful post. I have read your verse and plan on reading it again tonight....so touching.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sentiments...just normalcy. I love the calm sweet tones of your posts- thank you! And, Amen : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Katie! I'm going to hear Elizabeth George too!!!! Yeah!!!!! Maybe I can meet you! She is wonderful! You will be so very blessed! I was part of leadership at my church in Women's Ministry and we had her come and talk. What a gracious, down to earth woman! Oh I am sooo excited for you! She has blessed me so much! I am currently teaching from her "A Woman's Call to Prayer." Watch for my white/gray hair! I'm most recognized that way!LOL! I'm 54 but chose not color my hair. It's a lot longer now than the recent pic on my blog. Her books for girls are great, I give them as gifts. I will keep watch for you! Can't wait to hear what you think, she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy, i love all the little treasures you have, so homey and nice..
    thanks for the blessing..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy~ Oh you lucky person Elizabeth George is one of my favorite authors. I pray that you and your mom will have a very blessed day. Your blog is always so fun and uplifting to read, I love it.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading your blog for a while and I really enjoy it. I may be biased since I live in the country, use CLE (for some subject, more next year) .... But today's question has to do with your lamps. I have oil lamps too. However, I am unable to use them in the house because they emit a very unpleasant odor and sometimes black smoke. How do you maintain your oil lamps so you can use them in the house. We are in Texas and with huricanne Tomas headed for us there are bound to be power outages and my little oil lights get lots of use. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy!

    I love your cozy, peaceful home! I hope you have a great time tomorrow hearing Elizabeth George - I have really enjoyed several of her books.

    Blessings on your day!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madelyn's dress looks so cute on her!
    What a blessed lady you are to see Elizabeth George speak! I hope to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the prayer blessing. Thanks for sharing it. We had candles lit all day yesterday as it was cloudy and cold and rainy and more of the same today so you can bet the candles will be lit once again.

    Oh what a lucky lady to go see Elizabeth George. I look forward to hearing from you all that you took in at the presentation. Enjoy your time out with your mom another plus for you my friend.

    I am so blessed reading your blog and I am thankful everyday for it and you. Have a great weekend my friend.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy, I've read some of Elisabeth George's books. She is very encouraging.

    Sigh..I so enjoyed dropping by. It's always like a breath of fresh air.

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katy! Loved your newest entry to your blog. I saw that you had Amish people on your shelf. I don't know why I am drawn to the Amish but I love reading books when the story uses them as characters. I did a triptych in cross stitch of Amish life and won a ribbon at the fair. Our son wanted the three pictures so I gave them to him. Madelyn looked so pretty in her skirt. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you (again), Katy, for sharing your heart and following God's leading in what you share in your posts in order to bless others.

    How was the conference? Praying you and your mom had a SPECIAL time together.

    Blessings...Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy!

    Just wanted to add another comment to my previous one on 11/7. I meant to tell you thank you for your music selection. I play it while I clean, cook, etc.

    Also wanted to say that one of my favorite pictures is Chris in his work shirt baking cookies with the kids. That one picture says SO much about his your family. Aren't Christian daddies wonderful? My husband and 17 year old son just rebuilt my son's engine. My husband came home from work every night for a month to help my son get his car running again. (I was in the house praying that God would help them. I knew if the rumble of that engine was never heard again, there would be lots of tears!:) ) Proud to report this weekend I was in the kitchen and heard the rumble! There were still lots of tears. I was so frustrated that the engine of this old car was placing a toll on our finances (AKA not trusting God), but the tears that father and son shed, the time they spent bonding, listening to praise music in the garage, my 17 yr old constantly thanking his daddy for all his work, has been priceless.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy