Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Windy Day in October!

Hello, again! Thank you, to each of you, for your encouraging comments on my last post. Smiling is such a mood-booster (for yourself and others around you). Your kind words brought a smile to my face!

Heather from Illinois asked how other bloggers "may bless [me] and make [me] smile?"! Thank you for your thoughtful consideration...but truly, I am blessed just reading the comments and emails you each leave for me! It is so wonderful to be able to share with like minded people from all over the country (and the world)!

I guess, though, what would truly give me *great* joy would be to know that you have felt uplifted and encouraged from stopping by here and that your relationship with our loving Father is growing, daily. Many have commented on the ministry of my blog, which greatly encourages me. It is my greatest desire, to share the love of Christ with those who pay me a visit in this vast world-wide-web! :)


Today was a very windy and blustery day outside. We kept busy with schooling and housework (I did some room *tweaking* which I will share below). I also had a dr. appt to attend to, today. Despite the super-wind of the day...I *did* attempt to hang out some laundry. When I went out later to check on it, clothes were all wrapped around the line and each other! ;) They did dry though, for the most part! :)

Around the house today...

My latest knitting project, a basket-weave dishcloth...

Book shelf...moved from the schoolroom to the living room...

The living room after a little *tweaking*...

Nothing overly exciting...but small things make me smile...

Light from a mason jar, I just love lamps like this...I have many...

Madelyn reading the book Heidi...

After a hearty supper of spaghetti, since Chris was at a men's fellowship gathering for church, the children snuggled in to watch a movie, Adventures from the Book of Virtues.

Jaxson...

*And* to add to it all...a lady, whom I did not know, stopped by the house saying she found a dog. I told her we hadn't lost one...she was afraid to let the dog continue outside, as it was getting dark out, but she had to get to work for a 12 hr. shift. I told her that we would keep him and try to find the owner. He's a cute, little...actually big, guy. He's still a playful pup and is super lovable. We could never keep him, if we don't find the owner, so we are really hoping that we can find where this sweet pup came from.

It was difficult to get a good picture of him, since he was just bouncing all over! ;) Here he is...trying to get to know Jack-the-cat, who wanted absolutely nothing to do with the pup! Please pray that we can find his owner so he can go back *home*....the best place to be! ;)

Listen! the wind is rising,
and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings,
now for October eves!
- Humbert Wolfe

As always, I love hearing from you! Each note is a gift that I truly appreciate! I wish you a glorious weekend, ahead! Ours shall be busy...but enjoyable!

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. You have a lovely house Katy!

    Thank you for sharing it...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely and gracious. What a blessing to your family. I may have to try that basket weave dish cloth. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww, I wish that was my puppy! How adorable! Your home looked very coy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Always coming to your Blog is
    so refreshing and uplifing,what a
    special gift you have, you are
    amazing a blessing to other young
    Mothers and women...Many Blessings
    to you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Up here in Ontario Canada and it has been windy for the last three days. I too despite the red sky in the morning hung the laundry out to dry. Towels and sheets spun totally around the line, but dry just before the rain came. What a blessings to see the comforts of home. You take much pride in your house which I hesitate to say many these days do not. It is a real pleasure to see. It makes us smile too!

    Marlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy,
    Evey post encourages me. Your life is a blessing. :) I'm glad our PA wind did not blow you away. It has been fierce!

    Katy, if you have a moment, pop over and view a 6 min video I posted. It will bless your socks off!!!

    Although we have never met face to face, we have met by heart. Your words bless me every day. One day we must meet as I believe we are probably a few hours or less away.

    Many blessings today, sister. (When we all get to Heaven, God is just going to have to have a huge "Blogger Tea" for all of us!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so warm & cozy:) I worked at an animal clinic for many years and I would suggest contacting them (whoever is local to you) with a description of the dog, they can check to see if it is micro-chipped or sometimes the owner of a missing dog will call their vet to see if anyone reported it missing. Hope you find an owner for the puppy:)Enjoy the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, you truly have the sweetest blog on the internet and I always look forward to what you and you beautiful little ones are up to. I do have a question. Your children seem so studious...I am considering homeschooling my little guys who are 4 and 2. I know I and maybe some other readers would appreciate you experiences starting out the routine - especially with your boys. I'm sure you know, they are a bit "wilder" than girls (:
    Thanks for being so generous to share your beautiful home and thoughts with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful day at your home. God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are always so positive and uplifting. I know if I'm feeling down, I only have to read your blog and I feel refreshed and encouraged again. You ae a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your dishcloth. Makes that chore a whole lot cheerier, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the basketweave pattern..i have done shawls, squares, and scarves with it..
    take care,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy