Monday, October 4, 2010

"Come...

...said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadow and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
~ A Children's Song of the 1880's

Jaxson...enjoying his recent purchase of a couple of cars, from the flea market!

The days are certainly getting colder, aren't they? Although, I do *love* the crisp autumn air! :) Our house is quite chilly, hovering around 59* or so. The children and I are bundled up warm. We have been holding off lighting the outdoor wood stove...but after talking to Chris today about our chattering teeth, he said he would definitely start the stove for us, tonight! It will be so cozy and warm...especially since the other side of our homes insulation is up (under the siding).

The weekend held busyness...and rest. Chris and the older children went and got wood, for the wood burner, on Saturday. Jaxson and I meandered off to the area's last flea market for the season. (I offered to take the other two children but X said that he didn't want to go to a place for dogs...it took me a minute to realize what he meant and then I thought about it -- *flea* market... ;) Plus, Chris really valued their help out in the woods.) Saturday evening, we enjoyed a time of fellowship with family and friends to celebrate my nephews' birthdays! :)

Sunday was church and time for some rest...

I made breakfast casserole for supper (picture below), which is always a big hit with my family. We also enjoyed tending to a couple children from church for a couple hours. Their parents were starting to attend a *Fireproofing Your Marriage* class at the church and asked if we would mind keeping their children for a bit. We happily agreed. Our home was a bustle of activity...playing and laughter!

I misplaced my recipe for the casserole...so I just made it from memory. I have posted the recipe before but will do so, again, from memory...so if anyone wants it, they don't have to dig through years of previous posts!

Egg/Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs
1 # bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c. cheddar cheese
1 tsp. ground dry mustard
2 slices bread, cubed (I just tear apart my homemade rolls and put them in)
1 c. milk
dash of salt

I crack and whisk the eggs well and then add all the other ingredients. I pour it into a greased 2 qt casserole dish and let it cook at 350* for an hour, or so. It just depends on the casserole dish you use...so you will have to check it. Also...this is great to make ahead of time and put in the fridge overnight if you would like it for breakfast!

Today it is raining and quite chilly out. It's been a day of schooling, housework, reading, laundry, ironing, playing, napping and some knitting. Nothing overly exciting...just the normal, enjoyable days of life.


And before I go...I just want to say, if you haven't yet...register to vote. Then truly check out who is running for things in your area and in the country. Pray for wisdom and guidance with your vote...and then remember to get out there and let your voice be heard in November. A great, truthful source for information can be found HERE. It's our duty to vote. If you enjoy the little freedom you have left...please...take the time to listen to what is going on around us. Don't just see the Democrats or Republicans...it's about the *person* not the label! :) We need to find people with good values and morals ~ who have common sense and desire to focus this nation on what is truly important. I hope you will vote, with me, come November.
*Faith*Hope*Charity*


Best wishes for a beautiful start to your week. Thanks so much for visiting and hopefully we can meet here again, soon.
Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

10 comments:

  1. I am a registered voter & believe who we vote for can & will affect our lives. So thankful for the freedom we do have. I had to start the electric fireplace a few days back. Just to get the chill off. Baking bread warmed the house a bit to. I posted pics tonight of the fall festival I mentioned before in a comment to one of your posts. Keep warm & cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the poem. fall is my favorite time of the year. It makes you relize that even God loves different colors. I am a registered voter. My husband and I always dicuss who would be the best choice. We have had to lite a fire in our fireplace it has been getting chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just loved that poem/song you posted! I just wanted to say that your home just looks so inviting and cozy (it's hard to imagine being cold in there :) When I sit down to visit your blog and listen to the music I feel like I've just stopped in at your home and leave uplifted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful verse! I also so agree with urging everyone to vote and to make educated choices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,
    Fall is my favorite time of year. I love to crispness and chill that's in the air.....but like you...we are trying to hold off building a fire too.

    I am a registered voter and think that it's important to not choose sides with voting. You should vote with who you think will be the most effect candidate and will do their job according to what the Lord wants. Everyone needs to pray that he guides our leaders to righteous decisions.

    Hope that you have a great day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love those napkins! looks so cozy! your package should be there any day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful blog!! I love that little song at the beginning of the post! I may write it down and make something with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics of you home. Eveything looks so cozy and welcoming. blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are great videos at we4bates titled, Gianna Jessen- abortion survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks so delich..
    have a happy wednesday..
    how is your sister ghan, coming along?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy