Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Pondering Heart

I am reading "The Radical Cross" by A.W. Tozer. It is a make-you-think book. He quotes a poem, in chapter 6, that just stirred me to the core and I wanted to share it with you.

'Tis midnight, and on Olive's brow
The star is dimmed that lately shown.
'Tis midnight; in the garden now
The suffering Savior prays alone.
'Tis midnight, and from all removed,
The Savior wrestles lone with fears;
E'en that disciple whom He loved
Heeds not his Master's grief and tears.

~William B. Tappan

Doesn't it make you want to just run *to* and throw your arms *around* Him and through tears of utmost gratitude, say "Thank You!"? The fear and torment Jesus went through ~alone~...even before the crucifixion, makes me incredibly sad. He knew what was coming. Yes, He is God...but He is human, as well. He knew the terrible pain and death he was going to suffer. He did this for me. He did this for you. Not because He *had* to...but because He loved us...and still loves us.

His love is flowing abundantly to each of us. He created us, knit us together in our mother's womb. I love these verses:
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

~Psalm 139:13-14

I am seeking, daily, to be more like Him. I want to love like He loved. I want to give like He gave. Sometimes, I must admit, that sure seems like a difficult (and even, scary) road to walk. It's hard to love unconditionally...and He gave everything. I *want* to do that...I am working each day to improve who *I* am so I can *be* who He made me to be. I fall short, each and every day, but I truly want to walk the walk.

Do you know Him? Do you live, everyday, talking to Him...letting him communicate to you through His Word? Do you give him complete control of your life? Even if you haven't been seeking Him...He's patiently waiting for you.

I just want you to know, He loves you.


Some pictures from our days...

Madelyn and Xavier putting together a puzzle...

Delicious apples, ready for snack time...


Always some baking and cooking going on here at home...


Supper, last night, was ham, homemade au gratin potatoes and fresh sweet corn. I also made some buttermilk biscuits to go with it (they're Chris's favorite)! :)


Now that the weather has cooled and is even chilly to most (quite perfect to me, though)...we moved our schooling back into the schoolroom! :)


It went well and I was glad to be back in there! :)

Madelyn's science experiment...

The boys working on their schoolwork...



The other day, while I was checking schoolwork papers, Madelyn was looking in an art book and found a project she wanted to do. When she started, the boys wanted to *craft* as well. So they all made some "crowns with jewels".




Such sweet, silly beans they are. I just love each of them, so much. They are each so unique and fun and I treasure their laughter! They have their bickering and battles, as well, which are not a joy to have to mend and discipline...but I try to remember this is all part of training them up and their learning process....as well as mine. Not only are they learning how to be selfless, caring, considerate and patient...but *I* am as well. :)

I have started today, Saturday, slow. Chris is getting wood for the wood stove and I have the children. We'll do some housework, playing, reading and knitting...and maybe to into town and run a few errands. We'll see. :)

One last thing, before I go...I must share this. A dear blogging friend, Lara, makes beautiful bags for her business Sam Harvey. Out of her loving and generous spirit...she has made a bag for me! I am so absolutely grateful and humbled by her kindness! If you go HERE and scroll down about halfway...you will see the beautiful bag she made me.
**Thank You Lara!!!** And I want to say, to each of you, who read my blog...if you are looking for a handmade, well-made, quality bag (for you or maybe for a Christmas present)...you should really check out Lara's site. My sister has one of her bags and absolutely loves it and carries it everywhere!

Thank you, so much, for visiting. It's kind of you to take time out of your day to stop by!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead!

Warmly,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Katy! I am very blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Katy. Beautiful ponderings. Im sooo glad He loves me. I saw a sign once it said, Jesus Knows Me This I Love. How true thoes words are! I have finished reading A Shepherd looks at Psalms 21 by Phillip Keller. I encourage you to read that. What a book! I am SOO happy to know my Saviour loves me. Thanks again for the reminder this morning. Blessings on your weekend.
    christina from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! What fun pictures, the dinner looks yummy. I'm your newest follower. I enjoy the message of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy....I hated for your post to end today. You have a way of declaring your thoughts and writing it that is very intriquing.

    I have needed HIM so close to me lately. I know He is with me and I am with him. All works out okay. Thankfully.

    I would like to know more about Madelyn's experiment. It looks interesting for a girl her age.

    Take care, Katy, and God be with you and yours.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post, Katy. Your blog draws me in every time. It is so real. I appreciate that so much. You always speak from the heart. I've been going through some rough patches lately, and every time one of your posts come through my reader, it uplifts my spirit.
    I loved all of your pics, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely. I think about what Jesus did for us often.I want to live for Him no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post....and your ponderings! :)

    I am just stopping in to catch up on what you have been up too.

    Hope you can stop over and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy! So blessed to have found
    your blog, What inspiriting
    thoughts /so refreshing to have
    blog such as yours, It show your
    heart is the right place...
    May The Lord Jesus shower his grace upon you... thanks for words
    of wisdom !!!

    hugz..

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Could you not tarry with me just one hour?" He still asks us today and sadly, sometimes we still don't.

    What a convicting and beautiful post, Katy. That poem pierces the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ENJOYED! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy!! Your food always looks so yummy. If you have a minute, would you mind sending me your biscuit recipe through email? I just use Bisquick, but would love to make some from scratch. Thanks so much. Have a blessed day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A.W. Tozer is amazing. He is so thought provoking that I can only take him in small bits!

    I also LOVE the first song that popped up on your play list. The lyrics are so true and I sing them in my head all the time to my Savior!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy