Monday, October 11, 2010

Of All Things Beautiful

The marriage of two people, in love, in front of God and family and friends is one of life's most beautiful events. (The other one being the birth of children.) This past weekend, we attended the marriage of Chris's younger cousin. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. Madelyn got to help hand out bulletins and greet people as they came in (which she loved) so we were there a little early. While we waited, Chris and Farmer (his dad's cousin who I mentioned before HERE) taught the boys how to twiddle their thumbs...it was so cute!


The reception was held a few miles away and the beautiful fall scenery that God gave us was just spectacular!





We all had a nice time at the reception. It was beautifully decorated!

Jaxson...

Xavier and my dad...


Miss Madelyn...


My better half and me...


Other beautiful, simple things that I treasure...

Fresh-from-the-oven homemade bread...

Window stars...




Candlelight...


Places in my home...


The children took a horse and buggy ride with some of the family on Sunday afternoon. Such wonderful memories they will hold dear, one day...

Gorgeous fall colors...

Silly Stu...eating dead flowers...

Don't you just want to hug her? I know I always do...she is just so *huggable*!

I think she is quite photogenic, although I am a *bit* biased! ;)


Silly chicken...doesn't it look like she is marching in a parade? ;)


A lot is planned for this week...in addition to schooling and housework, we plan on visiting with a friend of mine to make cookies, visiting my sister to make these, one day, and also digging up the potatoes from the garden! I love being out in the crisp autumn air, don't you?

I hope you each enjoy your week! Thanks for coming by! :)

Joy-filled smiles,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

9 comments:

  1. lovely katie:) Sweet family memories. Thanks for sharin another day in your life.
    Blessings,
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. 88 degrees here tomorrow---I envy you your seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. farmer isn't wearing his overalls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The window stars are pretty in the window. I would love to just hug Stu to. So sweet & pretty. I enjoy visiting your beautiful happy home & reading what you share with us. Belssings to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy going to weddings. I always tear up! I loved seeing the pictures of your drive... beautiful day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pics..
    Stu is just so adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your beautiful day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your beautiful family. I'm from PA, too. We are blessed SAHM aren't we!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so enjoyed getting to peek into your sweet life.
    I so enjoyed reading this post!
    Blessings from Missouri

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy