Monday, October 25, 2010

Softly and Tenderly...

...Jesus is calling,
calling for you and for me;
see, on the portals He's waiting and watching,
watching for you and for me.

Come home, come home;
ye who are weary come home;
earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
calling, O sinner, come home!

I found the old hymnbook, above, recently during a look in a thrift store! It has all the beautiful hymns in it! I was thrilled at the find!

Friday, we started the day with a heart-warming surprise... all of a sudden, my children started cleaning...without being asked! It was quite wonderful. They put away books, and things that needed putting-away and also swept the floors. :) It was wonderful!



We, then, got right to schooling. Reading, mathematics, bible, social studies, language and more...




Jaxson worked in his workbooks, too...


Schooling is always followed by playing...and a lot of it. Imaginations soar and little legs run, skip, and ride bikes and scooters with lots of laughter and giggles. After a while, little ones tire out...

Bread and ice, cold water for a snack...

Aromatic candles lit, making a pleasant fragrance, throughout the house...

Loads of laundry hung out to dry, in the breezy, crisp, autumn air...

Sweet baby Stu...out and about, enjoying a snack...

The *girls* are still around...happily roaming throughout the yard...

Saturday, the children helped their daddy to get more wood for the wood stove. They work hard and enjoyed a nice rest when they got home...

I stayed in the house, keeping busy with housework and baking bread...

My mom called and invited us over for supper that evening. I packed up one of the loaves of bread to take with us...

We had a wonderful time talking and laughing with my parents. We had a great dinner (meatloaf, baked potatoes, baked corn, broccoli/cauliflower, homemade applesauce and my homemade bread). The children had fun playing, as well.

Madelyn, at grammie and pop-pop's (notice the *set up* on the floor...the children love to play cars at their house!)...


Madelyn made some clothespin people and started acting out the whole story of Jesus' life! ;)

On Sunday, we went to church and enjoyed fellowship with friends in Christ. Always a wonderful time. Afterwards, we attended a family picnic...

It was suppose to be a bit warmer that day...but on the hill, where the pavillion is, it was quite windy. Madelyn changed into pants and a sweatshirt...better (and warmer) to play in than a dress! ;)

Daddy helps Xavier fix the bike...

Jaxson, with his beloved cousin...

Over the end of last week and the weekend, we also got to spend time with some different friends...eating, talking and with lots of laughter. It's always such a blessing to have good friends. :)
Well, time has gotten away from me and I need to get dinner finished. Chris will be home from work soon and the children have just awakened after taking a bit of a rest, this afternoon. Thanks for visiting and I hope you will come back again, soon!

Warmly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. Katy, I love your blog. Pure warmth is what I feel when I read through it. Thank you so much for such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also agree....your blog makes me feel all warm and cozy!
      Vicki W.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Michelle, your blog is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your blog, too! I just adore your classroom. You have a very inviting home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE your blog! So happy you had a lovely weekend! Your bread looks so delicious. I'm wanting to start baking my own bread, but I was wondering how you keep your bread fresh and from going stale. I've heard homemade bread goes stale faster because it doesn't have preservatives in it, which is exactly the reason I want to bake my own! Do you have any tips or techniques that you use to keep fresh longer?

    Hope you have lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...here I am responding 7 years later. :( So sorry...if you ever even see this! (hopefully I had emailed you when you wrote this comment)...but yes, homemade bread does go bad quickly because it doesn't have the preservatives. You just make what you need, when you need it. :)

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! Wish I could keep such a lovely countenance as you do! Inspirational and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear sister-in-Christ, Katy,

    I discovered your site last week while I, too, had candles lit, a fire roaring in the fireplace, my family had just eaten a yummy roast slow cooked in the crock pot, my boys were making smores in the fireplace, all in a country setting in Illinois. I posted a comment on one of your older postings, so not sure if you saw it. Just wanted to say thank you for your ministry. Katy, you truly are providing a ministry to women via your blog site. Such an awesome example of how we can utilize today's technology to advance God's kingdom.

    I say amen to your postings regarding a SAHM. I also home schooled our children for several years. I must admit that we did feel there was a time to put our children in public schools, though. We felt God was calling us to give our children a foundation and then becoming a Christian example in the community.

    We expressed our feelings (lovingly) regarding Halloween (We don't celebrate it. Only the beauty of God's creation of fall.), the lack of saying "Merry Christmas", etc. This taught my children how to be "in the world, but not be of the world," only after the foundation of our home life and Christian beliefs were set.

    Anyway, enough of my blah, blah, blah. Just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good fight. It blesses my heart to see young families continuing to adhere to God's calling in today's CRAZY world. Realize that you're blog is a ministry. I will pray for your sweet family, Katy.

    In HIS love...a fellow sister-in-Christ Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, love the snippet of your day. Love the fall foilage that's appearing on your pictures as well. Sadly, forestry industry is huge here and a lot of the hardwood is being replaced with pine trees. We don't get much foilage. :(
    You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy, hearing about your day and what brings you joy is so refreshing. You're family life seems so wholesome and simply good!

    I too, am thrilled when I find books, especially old ones with time worn pages and there's just something about an old worn hymn book that warms the heart :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old, beautiful hymns of the faith. What a treasure trove of music you found!
    Once again, you've warmed my heart with a glimpse into your life. God bless you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy