Wednesday, October 13, 2010

**Pictures**

Just some fun, random pictures to share today. Just a little of this and a little of that. :)

Windows graced with colorful stars (these are all upstairs windows that we have not had a chance to replace with new ones...yet! Someday, soon, though!)...

I love making the window stars. It is calming and enjoyable. I used up all my kite paper though, already! ;) I may need to get more....soon!


Some of the children's things...

A part of their *kitchen* pictured above...and a basket of just a few of the boys cars. They have a small amount they keep inside...for indoor play...but most are outside at the *dirt pile*.


Some photos of the inside of Madelyn's dollhouse...I think it's so cute seeing how she has things set up!



I would have to say that the dining room (below) is definitely my favorite!


A few places I did a little *tweaking*...




This little area below is under my sink. There used to be a specially-made dishwasher in this spot, years ago...when we moved in. I truly disliked it. I don't like the smell that dishwashers make and that we had to wash off all the dishes before putting them in, anyway, as it was obviously not a newer model of dishwasher! It was just a hassle...so not too long after we moved in (over 9 years ago) I asked Chris to take it out. Then I was left with this gaping hole. My wise mom suggested we sew a curtain for it...so we did! :)

Getting ready for a delicious meal for supper (A beef roast, slowly cooked in the crock pot all day, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole!)...

Eggs from the *girls* that need washed...
(Although, I must admit...they are aging and not producing as much as they used to...and also when free ranging, sometimes they lay their eggs in other places and we don't find them 'til they are too old to use...so I do have to buy organic free-range eggs, sometimes, to go along with the ones we get from the chickens. We use a lot of eggs in this house! ;)

I made another batch of granola, as we seem to go through it quickly! ;)

All toasted and yummy!

It's actually cooling, as I type. I need to go down and put it in the canister soon. It's getting late and I am exhausted. It was a more difficult day, today, than some. (Yes, I do have those, too, from time to time! ;) Being a good mama is of high importance to me, but not always the easiest thing! I feel the need to be in some deep prayer with the One who can give me the love, guidance, strength and direction that I need! Sometimes it is easy to feel overwhelmed...I think today is a perfect time to read some from verses the book of Psalms. ;)

I hope *you* are having a good week.
Thanks for stopping!

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

14 comments:

  1. Katy,

    I enjoyed pics from your day! I love seeing how little girls arrange things in their dollhouses. Joy has always had this thing about arranging and rearranging manger scenes, ever since she was real little and she can't hardly pass one on display in a store without fixing it the way "it ought to be". :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all of your pictures. I think we all have those days. And you are sure going to the right place.....Psalms. I need to go there myself. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little doll house. Madelyn is following in her mamas foot steps. Creating a warm cozy home. Everything neatly arranged & in its place. All your stars say joy to me. I find I need so much from God at this time. I have been reading some verses from the Psalms & a book filled with the promises of God. Your blog is uplifting to me & reminds me God is there sometimes just when I am about to throw in the towel. I will say a prayer for a better day tomorrow for you. May we all have less difficult days. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos...your daughters doll house and how she arranges things inside is a treasure..be sure to keep the photos..she will enjoying seeing them when she's older....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the pictures, Katy. I love the simplicity and beauty of your table being set for supper! I love the window stars! Do you have instructions for those? I think you make have got them from eyes of wonder? do you have a link to the instructions? If it's not to much trouble, I would love to make those. sooo colorful!
    I had to turn to the Psalms this morning bright and early. Woke up with my heart extrememly heavy about something. I'm so glad that is not the norm! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, would love window star instructions. Thanks for posting your beautiful peaceful home! The dollhouse pics. were precious! Have a blessed day, Katy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. on your camera.... there should be a button of a little flower... this setting will allow you to get up really close to things (like the doll house rooms) without having to zoom... and it should focus in clearly! just something to try!

    i wish i had a dishwasher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your pictures....always fun to look at others homes etc... Thanks for sharing.

    Hope your day goes well... :)
    Come say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the walk through your house. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful home!.It has a warm and caring appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing your photos. Going to God's word is always the best way to get through those tougher days. You're doing a mighty work there as a mama though :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog, the photos, your music! So happy to have found you through the "Fall into Fall" giveaway. Thanks for entering, & following me, and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making granola too Katy. How did you make the kite stars? They are so pretty!

    By the way, I have the same problem with my hens. As they get older they quit laying so well.Sigh..Now I need a new brood as mine were all eaten up last year.

    That's a project for this fall. Hubby is going to help me with 'shoring up' the walls at the base of the barn so the foxes can't dig under. I'm so sad not to have my chickens...and the eggs of course!

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy