Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today was a day of...

...music...

schooling...

lunch...

and devotions with my itty bitty treasures, the children...


lighting candles for a warm glow around the house, as the children ran in and out through the day, playing...but coming in when it would start to rain...


lighting oil lamps as well...


Mixing up a double batch of dough...

for rolls for supper (chipped steak sandwiches)...

and sticky buns (a huge hit in my family)...

and sketching (mind you, it's *just* a sketch, off the top of my head and not perfect by any means...just a way for me to doodle)...

I also did housework today as well as had to run in town, on a few errands. The children are looking forward to tomorrow, for after schooling is done, my nephew (Jaxson's *buddy*) is coming over to play for a few hours in the afternoon! All of the children are excited, but Jaxson especially as he and his cousins are truly best friends! :)

Well, it's getting late and this mama is t-i-r-e-d. It's time for me to retire to that comfy bed of mine and try to get, at least, a few pages of my latest book I'm reading, read. I finished The Mystery of the Holy Spirit by Tozer...now I am reading The Holy Spirit Within Us by Bill Konstantopoulos. So, off I go...good night! I hope you have an enjoyable weekend ahead!

Joyfully (and sleepy),
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

14 comments:

  1. you draw really well...
    nice pics of the kids..
    have a great friday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. egads ~ is that lamp in pic 6 a new oil lamp!? It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lit candles and oil lamps this afternoon and evening as well...it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good night, Katy.

    PS...I love sticky buns and what a great drawing of Mrs. Binker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often see the red & white spatter ware dishes in your posts. The are pretty. I was wondering if they are stone ware or granite ware & were did you find these? I love the warm glow of burning candles in a home. The sticky buns & rolls look so warm & yummy. You have a gift for drawing Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peaceful tranquility : ) Those sticky buns look yummy too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummmmm... i want a cinnamon roll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely day and your buns look wonderful! Your drawing is awesome, I can see that in a children's book about a bunny family!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course maybe those are pigtails and not bunny ears? Either way, it's great artwork;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures warmed my heart this morning. I love all the moments you captured. What kind of oil do you use in your lamps? My hubby just recently bought us two lamps. I love the glow they give. We ate by lamp light a few times since.
    I really enjoyed your last two posts. Something about being home and the lovely moments. smiles, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your drawing is really good, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so peaceful. I'm viewing them as I take a lunch break. God bless your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info on your beautiful enamel ware. Sending a special thanks for your kindness & prayer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy, I love your drawing and all of your sweet pictures. I love seeing country homes. I was afraid I was the only one still decorating 'country'. The sticky buns look great!

    Thanks for joining my quilted tote-bag giveaway. I'm really thrilled that you dropped by. Speaking of country, I posted some special photos of friends sewing at my house on a ministry banner that it occurred to me you might especially like to see.

    Thanks for dropping by. You feel like a real 'neighbor'. Mine are all at least half a mile away. :o)

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy