Thursday, October 21, 2010

*Round About* Pictures

Hello! Just stopping in to share a few pictures with you, today! :) Just some things from around the house!

Shelves in the schoolroom...

I've been trying out new folding methods for the window stars. I think the one below turned out really pretty!


I made some little stars too!

This is a littler version of the one a couple photos above! **Don't mind the windows...they are awful double-paned windows that I can't clean between the inside and outside glass.**

One star I tried with some brown and white kite paper. It is on the door between the kitchen and the addition (which will someday be our living room and I will have a nice pantry in there, as well!)

A picture of one of the windows, from the outside...


Hello, sweet Stu! ;)

Rolls for supper...




While the children played outside...I worked on some knitting...

One of my favorite patterns, below, that you can find HERE. It's also one of Rhonda's favorites. :)

We've been keeping busy...but enjoying the autumn weather as well. Our days are full of schooling, housework, playing, reading, knitting, baking, etc. After work, Chris goes hunting or is busy processing deer down at his parents' meat market. There are always things to do...and I must admit that when people say they think they would be *bored* to be a stay-at-home-mom, I am absolutely baffled! There is just so much to do...and not all just home-keeping...but home-making too! There is always crafting, knitting, reading or something that could be done! :)

Before I go, I just want to mention one more thing, important to me and close to my heart...

I have been spending each morning...on my knees, praying for our country. There is a lot going on and I ask you to pray as well. Our church is praying for 2 states a day. I believe in the power of prayer. I know our God loves us and hears each and every word that comes from our lips (and knows them even before they are created in our mind). Often, while knitting or folding the stars I showed, above, I pray. Madelyn asked me how I can pray and do other things...all at the same time!? ;) I told her I just had a knack for it!
Please, for the sake of our children...be aware of who you are voting in as leaders and what Progressives are doing to our country. Some people don't want to get into "politics" but the truth is that this country is suppose to be run by *We, the People*...we should *all* be aware of what is going on.

I hope you will enjoy the rest of your week. Thank you so much for stopping by...it's always great to hear from you! :)

Warmly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

16 comments:

  1. Your window stars are just gorgeous and it looks like sweet Stu is looking up admiring the pretty colors;)Oh my I pray for our country every day Katy and I totally agree with all your views on it, and I wish they would bring our troops home NOW,I pray every day that my son doesn't have to go over there, and worry so for the ones that are there:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a warm and lovely home Katy.

    The stars are lovely...I will have to try them - my kids would adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is such a peaceful place to visit. I need to lurk around the internet and find a site for a pattern for the stars. I agree with you, we do need to pray for our country. I also pray while I work. God should be right there with us every second! PS-I'm having a give away that you might be interested in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...and I must admit that when people say they think they would be *bored* to be a stay-at-home-mom, I am absolutely baffled! There is just so much to do...and not all just home-keeping...but home-making too!"

    AMEN! My sentiments exactly!

    I love your window stars. I have many I have made hanging in our big dining room picture window. But I've never tried the large ones as you have done here. You've inspired me to pull out my window star supplies today, Katy!

    Blessings to you today,

    Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you took some up close pics of the window stars...it's nice to see the details. love the brown and white one. it's a little more muted... although the colorful ones are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The stars are beautiful! Our country sure does need prayer.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I absolutely love your stars. I am gonna have to get the supplies needed to make some and then teach my kiddos how to do it also. Your home is so pretty and such a peaceful place to look at.

    I agree we do need to be praying for our country.

    I so enjoy your blog everyday and how peaceful I feel after reading it. Thanks for all you share.

    God Bless you and God Bless the USA.

    Hugs,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stars! So pretty!

    I'm never bored either, Katy - I don't have time to be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy! I enjoy your blog! I am from South Central PA. Been coming here for sometime, just never posted. I saw these windows stars at Jewels. Where did you get the kite paper? When I ask for it know one knows what it is. I assume it is heavier than tissue paper, right? Keep up the testimony, it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post, and I really appreciate your encouragement to have us all pray.

    Your window stars are gorgeous. Would you consider doing a tutorial on them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your window stars are pretty, Katy! I'm so glad to hear others are praying for our country as well! We're so concerned and are praying eyes will be opened and hearts convicted!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your window stars, the brown one is beautiful!! I too am praying for our country, its amazing how much *we* are not in control, but the politians are taking it into their own hands what WE want, its a very troubling time for americans. God Bless you and your family my friend! I also wanted to ask how your mom is doing? Take care~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Election Day will be here before we know it. I love the brown & white star. Could these be made much smaller to hang on my Christmas tree? Maybe Stu is wishing apon a star. I noticed the Tasha Tudor book you have. I have been wanting to have the library get this in. I want to read it myself. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like the stars, especially the brown and white one. I also like the dishcloth....you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Dear Sister-In-Christ, Katy,

    Thank you for the ministry of your blog site. You have reached across the miles to a down trodden Christian Sister and ministered to her heart. It refreshes me to see other families living a true Christian life in today's society. I live in a small farm community and LOVE my family = homemaking. Thank you for reminding me that Jesus me. I know that, but it is so encouraging to read/hear again. Blessings to you and your precious family...

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always i have so enjoyed my visit of your home and family this morning and leave with such an overwhelming feeling of peace: )

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy