Thursday, October 7, 2010

My View from Here

Today is a bit of words, from me...a common everyday gal...on my views from here! ;)

Pictured below is the view from my new *cubby* in the schoolroom, which I mentioned HERE.

From that view, I can see children learning, minds growing...and a few areas that are in need of my de-cluttering skills (it's an ongoing process, isn't it?). Which reminds me...thank you Patty for your comment about my home. I will try to do a post on how I keep things clean and clutter free. I am not perfect, at all...but I try my best! :)

The view from my porch...lots and lots of leaves. Beautiful fall leaves, everywhere. I love it! See that odd dirt circle there? We have never been able to really grow grass there. I am not sure why though. Before we built on the porch, we put the swing over top of it so it *appeared* that it was suppose to be there...but truly, it's been there all 9+ years we have lived here. It's quite odd! ;)


While I was working with X and Madelyn on their schooling, Jaxson was behind me...and this is the picture I took of my view when I turned around to see what he was drawing...

It's a lion! :) I think it is great. I like its teeth!

My view in the kitchen...specifically in the oven, revealed granola cereal...baking to perfection! I stopped following recipes and just threw it together myself...this time, using raw honey! :) The children are excited for breakfast tomorrow morning!


Granola....cooked, cooled and ready for hungry tummies in the morning!

Another view from here comes from deep inside my heart. It's when I think of how many times I ache when I have a strong desire to share the gospel of Jesus with others...but struggle, not out of embarrassment ~ not at all. Rather, because people hate to get *preached* at. Many get annoyed and shrug you off and then keep their distance, always afraid you'll preach at them again. I refrain for fear that I will actually push people away rather than win them for the Lord.

I live my life for Christ, daily. I try to always have a good witness and be the woman that God created me to be. I hope and pray that the greatest example is through actions, not always words. But still...there are so many who don't know what Jesus did for them. They don't get it. There are even many who *say* they get it....but you can tell they really don't. They don't have joy...and their actions don't reflect that Christ lives in their hearts. My heart aches for them.

I want to tell them, and you, how much Jesus loves them...that He suffered on a cross (and before that, as well) suffocating to death...to take the penalty for our sins. Just think....a prisoner back then who committed an offense had to go to be crucified. Jesus, our innocent Savior, didn't *have* to do it...and He knew it. How much *more* does that show love to us? He could have, as the hymn says, "called ten thousand angels" to set him free...although all the true criminals had to undergo their punishment...He chose to...for you. For me. Put yourself in His place. Would you have done it? Could you have done it?

Truly an amazing love He has for us...each of us...individually as He offered Himself as our sacrifice. He offers you the gift of His love and salvation...but He won't force you to take it. It's your choice. I pray you take it....because from here, I see it as the most wonderful gift you will ever receive! I look forward to seeing my view from Heaven, one day! :)

I am going to continually pray for boldness to proclaim the *good news* to each and every person that I can...in a loving, gentle way. Eternal lives are at stake, you know. Remember....
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
~C. S. Lewis


As always, please feel free to email me if you don't want to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing from you and if I have your email address, I do try to respond. :)

And again, I will try and do a post, soon, about my ways of tidying and routines etc....although each day is different and I am so very far from perfect...but I will share what *I* do...in hopes that maybe, just maybe, it will help someone else! :)

If you have time, you really should stop by and see my beautiful sister...she is almost 24 weeks pregnant with a sweet gift! I am really very excited! She looks just wonderful! I am thinking that I want to be called Auntie Katy. I think it sounds better than just plain old "Aunt" Katy. ;) I want to be his or her *auntie*!

Alas, the time has flown by again. I have a good book to dive into and then off to sleep....for soon, another day will be upon us, Lord willing...and a mama *must* have her energy to keep up with three little ones! ;)

Joyfully,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful post Katy.

    God bless
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words tonight strike a deep chord with me. I have a dear friend, my sister in Christ, whose Mother lays near death as we speak. She is not a Christian. All day I've prayed that she might see the truth before it's too late. There is truly a battle going on for this woman's soul, even as we speak. It breaks my heart. My poor friend is beside herself with the knowledge that she may be separated from her Mother forever. I wish I had words to console her, but what do you say in a situation like this? I too feel that urgency to plead with people not to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Katy. I love to read your words and think about what I need to think about.

    I am an Auntie! Just Auntie! It is so special! My niece and nephew are getting all grown up now...one in college and one out in the work field. They still want to call me Auntie! I love it!

    May God always be with you and help you to send his word to others .

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your school room is just amazing. Your post makes me think on a song I have had in my heart the past few weeks & I find myself humming it often. "I'll never know how much it cost to see my sins upon that cross." We have so much to be thankful for. I attended a funeral last Friday. So many lost souls there. So many do not want to be as you say preached to. Our actions & the love we show them is how we will win them over to Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make homemade granola too. love the lion sketch. brilliant! did the package come yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading this post Katy; you have such a great message to share and I absolutely love the pictures of your school room and the yummy homemade granola!

    Harvest Blessings,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read your encouraging posts. I believe that everyone's life is their own testimony. I always look forward to reading your posts.

    Keep up the great work.

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for post. It was lovely. I too feel the way about leading others to Christ. I have some of my neighbors I an trying to win to Christ. I try to not be to "preachy" at then but they know where I stand. The Lord has opened many doors to talk to her. I am thankful for that. I am a pastor's wife. And sometimes that scares them away. That will change the end of this month. we are entering a differnent type of evangalism.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for another great post, Katy. I often feel the way you do. It's hard, especially when it's people close to you who don't want to be "preached" to. We can certainly pray for them though.

    I love the idea of making your own granola. My hubby loves it for breakfast. I may have to try a recipe soon. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy-
    I was very touched by your sweet post and wanted to let you know, that through your blog, you are planting many seeds of hope and love in the hearts of the people that read it.

    I also feel a deep and abiding love for our Savior. I can never repay Him for his atoning sacrifice for me.
    I know it is often difficult to keep the feelings inside when you're not sure if someone else is ready to hear what you have to offer. Especially when His word brings so much happiness into our lives and you want them to be able to feel that too.

    But, I believe, that if we pray for missionary opportunities, the Lord will prepare those that are ready to hear of his gospel.
    My son will be returning from a church mission in Uganda and Ethiopia in two months. We are so excited for him to be home (he has been gone almost 2 yrs!) but, we will miss his weekly emails about his adventures teaching others about Christ.
    Bless you!
    Love, Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so look forward to reading your post every day! Just because of post like these! :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm that dirt patch is intriquing! ;-) Could you post the granola recipe? I've been looking for a good one. I prefer homemade over store bought and yours looks yummy! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post. It gets easier to share Jesus after the first couple of times. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy