Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Fall Festival 2010

Our family's fall festival (7th annual) was held this past Saturday. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Bright blue skies and a perfect crispness to the air. I only got a few pictures, as I was busy much of the time, as well as fought a terrible headache all day.

Celtic music played in the background, the smell of grilled chicken filled the air, laughter and fellowship heard all over the festival...it was a lovely time. We sold chicken dinners, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, hot sausage sandwiches, apple dumplings and fresh cider! There were vendors selling their wares, a corn maze and horse & buggy rides! There were also muzzleloader/re-enactors camped out in the field who let people try to throw the axes and shoot the muzzleloaders!

Here is a bit, from the festival, that I have to share with you...

The meat market...all set up and ready for festival attendees! :)


The guys got up early to cook the chicken...(early for them...normal waking time for *me* ;)...


No fall festival event would be complete without pumpkins and mums!

A place for children (or the occasional silly adult) to put their faces in for pictures... (and scarecrows back on the hay wagon)...

The vendors...all set up...


X-man, always such a character! ;)

Jaxson and his cousin...they are *best* buddies! **Jaxson is only a couple months younger than my nephew...but many inches shorter, it seems!** ;)

Miss Madelyn, below, out and about while vendors were setting up! (Obviously my photos aren't really in good chronological order! ;)
I wish I would have gotten a picture of her with Farmer. Chris's dad's cousin, nicknamed Farmer, always wears overalls. He says the *only* good overalls are Big Smiths, which quite honestly, I never even knew existed.
My mom had gotten Madelyn a pair of overalls...and Madelyn was quite excited to show me that hers were the Big Smith brand! When we saw Farmer at the festival...she was quite proud to show him that she was wearing the *right* kind of overalls! :)


Soft and sweet curls...

If you were able to attend the festival, thank you so much for coming out...supporting my family as well as all the vendors. We hope you had a good time! :)

Thank-you to each of *you* for visiting my post, today, to see how the festival went! It's a lot of work, putting it all together, but worth it in the end. Praising God for the gorgeous day and the wonderful turn-out! :)

Until next time, warm wishes for an enjoyable rest of your week!
Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

10 comments:

  1. So glad you all had such a good day for the festival. I love to attend fall festivals. Always so much good food and wonderful wares by the vendors. Put your feet up and relax a bit. I am hoping to travel to Bedford PA & Fulton PA for their up coming fall festivals. If you ever have the chance to attend it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! I have always enjoyed when our small town has there fall festival. Are there lots of craft booths at yours? I enjoy those the most. :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such "fun" Fall Festivals looks like a great turn-out of crafters Small towns have awesomes gathering
    Those are the best just homedown country..
    Cute photo of your girl showing off her little proud overalls :-)TFS

    Prim Hugz..
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a ton of fun for kids and everyone..

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that? Your family has their own Fall Festival! Looks like it went well...your kids are adorable!

    I am sure that it was a lot of work for all of you, but I trust it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! I love your daughter's overalls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katy- that looks like so much fun!! (Not to mention the food sound dee-lish!) Sorry you weren't feeling well, I know how those headaches seem to come at the WORST time, don't they?
    Hugs,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy