Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am Content

"Contentment does not come to those whose means are great,
but to those whose needs are few."

"When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear,
you are near contentment."

"A mind filled with peace creates a heart filled with contentment."


My heart is troubled for so many who are not *content*. They want more things, better things....never feeling they are good enough or that their *things* aren't good enough. What an absolutely miserable way to live.

Being content has nothing to do with how much you have or how perfect you are. It's about finding peace and listening to that still small voice. It's about letting His perfection and His *always-abundant* never-running-dry love for you fill your heart to overflowing. It's about finding joy in the simple things. It's about *not* striving to be better than anyone else but rather putting others ahead of yourself. (I am writing in reference to your heart. Of course we all have ambition and there is always times of good, healthy competition. I am focusing on the *Keeping up with the Jones'* idea.)

It can be such a struggle, can't it? But our true peace and true acceptance can *only* come from the Father, Who loves us more than we can even comprehend. :) I hope *you* are content. It's easy to be sidetracked...but the beauty of it all is that God is always there...showing you the way.

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. ~Isaiah 30:21
Improving ourselves, our faith and our character is always a wonderful thing...but not because we are trying to rise above and be *better* than anyone else. So when you find yourself growing discontented...listen to Him as He sweetly reminds you that He has you in the palm of His hand and He is taking the best care of you. Raise your voice to Him and thank Him and praise Him for He is good. :)

Here are some pictures to share with you from the past few days, simple things that bring me joy. :)

Warm, homemade hamburger buns just out of the oven...

Delicious!

Sweet baby Stu...

Fitty wasn't as tame as dog-like Stu (who follows me around). We couldn't just let her out to graze like we can with Stu. She *Baaaaaa*'d at me *a lot* and drove me about batty as I hung my laundry out each day. She needed a new home so my mom found one for her....a lady who has grazing fields and other sheep. So, she came and picked Fitty up and *oh my* Madelyn was a fountain of tears. I reassured her that Fitty would be much happier in a large grazing field and also finding a *husband* sheep. :)

Now though, Stu, if out in the yard grazing, comes running to me the second I step out of the back door. When I try to go in, she tries to follow me and *baas* at me. It's quite the fiasco, I must say!


Amish White Bread, right out of the oven...

Sidewalk chalk is something my children just love! They have fun decorating the walkway squares...

Little Jax, hopping away on that pogo stick! He was so excited when he could stay on for a bit, without falling off! :) And there's itty-bitty Stu in the background there...our regular little lawn-mower! ;)

The boys playing in the living room...

Oh my...and look what I found the other day while straightening up...a project Madelyn has been working on...

Isn't it so sweet? She asked if I wanted to sign and I *did*. I love the *no going back* part...hehe!

I did a little rearranging of some things in the living room...(that photo in the middle is of Jaxson when he was 6 months old...oh how the past 4 years...*almost 5* have flown by! Snuggle those babies, mamas...for they won't stay little very long!)...

X and the playdough...


Madelyn reading from her reader, during our schooltime today...


A mini-loaf of bread I made...isn't it cute? ;)

Hot, fresh cloverleaf rolls for supper...

Of course, the children and I *had* to try one before supper...just to *make sure* they were OK to serve ;) ...

My mom had a few things she had to do this evening, so she had to take a rain check when I invited her and my dad over for supper. My dad still came over though! It's always fun to have company over for a meal! The table set and ready for supper to be served...

Time to eat! :) Beef roast, mashed potatoes, fresh sweet corn, and homemade cloverleaf rolls...

My days are full and enjoyable. Of course, this side of Heaven, there isn't perfection...but I strive daily to live the days joyfully. Some days are easier than others.

I recently read THIS book...

If you have read The Hiding Place...you will love this book too. And even if you haven't read The Hiding Place, you will *still* love this book. It is an easy read and I read it quickly. To see the faith of this woman and her sister...and how God used them and such...it is just an amazing story and will help you be so thankful for what you have. It definitely puts things in perspective. :)

I'm so glad you came by. If this is your first stop here, welcome! And a giant *hello* to all my friends who visit daily! I am always blessed and encouraged by your comments and thoughts you share with me. Thank you! :) Again, I am writing in the late evening...or maybe it's considered "night"...either way ~ I am extremely tired. I *should* write in the wee hours when I awaken since I am more of a *morning person* than a *night owl*...but that is my precious time to go downstairs and spend time in quiet...reading God's word. The Word of the Almighty trumps the blog! ;) So...blogging at night is what I do...right before I fall into bed, eyes heavy with sleep.

Speaking of falling into bed...I think my bed is calling my name right now.
Yes, yes, it is...so I best be off! Please do visit again soon! ;)
Warmly,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Katy. Your inner peace and happiness shine through.

    Much love,
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet note to start my day on...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy...you have a way of reaching my inner soul. I love reading your post. I feel like I am right there with you. You are right... God does hold us in the palm of his hand...I am glad that you reminded me of that today.

    God bless......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. It is so easy to be pulled away from those things that really mean the most. A great reminder to stay on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to send some of those clover leaf rolls over to my house! i can never get mine to turn out right!!

    LOVE the sign that Maddy made... too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks so welcoming and those rolls and bread, OH MY!!!!! Now you have made me hungry for homemade bread so i guess I'll be making some today as well;) beautiful pics, just want to plant kisses on that sweet Stu, what a cutie!!!! Hope you and yours enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. I always try to remember a quote from Corrie ten Boom, she said "hold your possessions with an open hand", so wise. We never know when it could all be taken from us, and if we are not content with little we will not survive if we have nothing. what an amazing woman she was. Thanks for the reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy! Contentment is what we all need in our lives. I agree with your post whole heartedly. We are supposed to strive to be our best for Jesus, and not for earthly reasons.

    Taking joy in the simple things is a wonderful way to live. I enjoyed your post & photos very much.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your daysare filled with beautiful Blessings! Your babies are getting so big and growing up so fasy, Love Madillyn's club!!:0) Your home is very cozy and inviting! Have a wonderful week my friend!!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are always encouraging. I have been praying and listening to God about being content. Our house is small and we wanted a bigger one and tried to buy one and it was already sold. I cried alot, but then God spoke to me and told me to be content where I was. I feel so much better now. I love my home even if it is small for our growing family. I love all your pic. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the post!! As usual!! I wish I was as able as you are to speak from your heart. Amazing gift! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love reading your blog, Katy. It is so serene--peaceful. This is another wonderful post. I am really trying to be content in my own situations. Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
    Oh, I made some Amish white bread a while back. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely Katy...I love coming by to visit..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. great pictures...excellant thoughts on contentment...a respite during my day...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely to see your day. It is hard to capture in pictures, but you did it. Lovely.

    Marlyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and thought provoking post! I'm also enjoying the kittle things more and more!

    Funny about fitty and her future sheep husband:):):)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy