Sunday, September 5, 2010

And They Played...

...and played...

I found this fun block set at a garage sale, I stopped at recently. It was the sale of a friend from church, a sister in Christ...so that made getting it even *better*! :) When I brought it home, the children were thrilled and went to work straight away...building barns, roads and houses!

They stopped for a bit...but when evening came, they were back to it. Their creative juices were flowing! I love seeing them build and create! :) (Notice on the roof of some of the buildings...there are doors and/or windows? The children said those were the fire escapes! I told them that was pretty good thinkin'! :)

I always love a great yard sale find ~ don't you? :)

Just a quick post today...these tired ol' eyes are ready to snuggle into bed and drift off to sleep. :) I hope you are all enjoying this labor day weekend. Best wishes for a wonderful Monday...thanks for dropping by!

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. I love those great yard sale finds!...I just made a post about a recipe I got from your blog...Oh my!
    I made those peanut butter bars...GIRL they are addicting!
    Have a great Labor Day,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I have just started bk blogging, so stop by! I love to see how the Lord is blessing your blog. I believe it is because you are so geniune and caring. My kids would be super-duper jealous of those fun blocks!! :) Hands down, blocks are the best toys for kids, ever. They are my kid's most frequently played with toy and they will play with them the longest.
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good yard sale find. Yours was worth every penny. Such fun & happiness it has given your littles. I loved getting down on the floor with my kids and playing with blocks & logs. I do so miss those times. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find. I love to see littles using their imagination. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,
    Thanks for letting me peek into your young simple and wonderful life. My kids are just about out the door into life and seeing your kids playing and enjoying the simple things is a blessing.
    I try to stop by every chance I get, I do enjoy your blog.
    Have a wonderful quite and simple week with your family,
    Kim in OK

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome, blocks like that are great for kids, they learn so much from them. :)

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy!

    My daughter had a set of those blocks when she was little and she is 28 now. So you got a nice vintage set of blocks. They are really fun. I probably palyed with my daughter's as much as she did! LOL!

    Have a great week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy