Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Long Weekend is for...

...long peaceful sleeps, wrapped in comfy fleece...

Picnics with family and friends...


Secrets between much-loved cousins...

Bee watching...

My mom and I tried to find the queen but were not successful.

My parents (married for 30 years!!!)...how I love these two!

Some of the *guys* at the picnic.

Madelyn being *cute*.

Swinging with my honey.

After a long day...evenings of candlelight...


...and quiet reading.

Mornings with homemade buttermilk biscuits to savor...

Making spaghetti sauce....

...and canning it.

Yesterday, we went to an Amish produce auction.

I loved all the buggies. :)

On our way there, we saw a group of Amish boys with their lunch pails, walking home from school. It was an incredibly cute sight...but I didn't take a picture, as I know they don't like having their picture taken.

Isn't this windmill, off in the distance, so pretty? :)

Between my mom and my in-laws...we came home with 148 pumpkins and lots of mums...

The pumpkins were in the back of my father-in-love's truck...and the mums filled my van! These will be sold at their annual fall festival...which is the 25th of this month!
Before going to the produce auction, some of us women got to walk around a few stores in the little community and I was able to come home with a few treasures...

I had a lovely weekend...I hope you did too! Lots more to do today! I have laundry to bring in, from the line and more to hang out. I canned more spaghetti sauce this morning and did some schooling with Xavier. Working on receipting taxes and doing schooling with Madelyn is what is in-store for the rest of the day! :)

Warm wishes for a beautiful week!

Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a fabulous weekend. We just finished homeschooling here today and now I am going to make some blueberry bread. I love the pics with the Amish buggys such a simple way of life for them. Thanks for sharing.

    Wow lots of pumpkins and mums for the fall fest. wish I lived closer I would get mine from you guys. Have fun.

    Have an awesome day and bless all of you and enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet picture of your parents. It captured the love between them. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekend in pictures. Cute!

    So what are ya'll gonna do w the pumpkins? Make pie? MMM!

    Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend! I love the "sharing secrets between beloved cousins" picture - it reminds me of my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great weekend! Your spaghetti sauce looks yummy, too! Seeing those mums makes me what to get all my Fall decorations out - how I love the Fall!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment the other day. It's nice to know a warm thought was sent my way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkins & mums are always fun. The Amish buggys are so neat. I recently went to an Amish farmers market & Flea market. I did a post on it Summer Road Trips. I seen such cute bare footed litle ones. But like you I know how they feel about photos. Are the bee hives your families? Your sauce looks yummy. I did a post on Home Canning Questions today. I have enjoyed keeping up with your growing garden & canning. If you have a few minutes maybe you could give me your in put on my Home Canning Questions post. Thanks much. Blessings to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judging from the pics, it looks like you're beginning to have cooler weather. Not so here on my little island...it can easily be warm until the end of October and beyond. I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy