Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chris's Creations

Chris was given some scrap leather and he was excited to put it to good use. He made new knife sheaths and a new holder for his flashlight. They each have a loop on the back and can be put on his belt. :)

He also made me a small coin purse! It's so cute and despite the fact that it can only hold a few coins...I love it! ;) (The snaps he bought from an Amish shop when we went to the produce auction.) ...

I love to watch him create and *see* his creations. It gives him such satisfaction too. Chris (although he wouldn't admit it) is a creative person. He loves to draw up patterns, designs and doodles. Between work all day and then working on our house or other responsibilities in the evenings, he doesn't have a lot extra *free* time. Usually, after the children are tucked in and I am on my way to bed...he heads out to the shed to work on his leather goods. :) They make me smile and I wanted to share them with you. :)

Thank you, each, for your always kind and encouraging emails and comments you leave. What a blessing they are to me. I try to reply to questions when they are asked...if I happen to *not* do so, I apologize and hope you don't take it personally. If you leave your email (if it is not already public on your profile or if you are posting as anonymous) it is much appreciated...because I can reply easiest that way. :) Thank you! :)

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

8 comments:

  1. These look great! My Dad enjoys making things from leather as well. He made the girls coin purses. Then my Mom made them indian dolls. :-) Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! He is so clever, creative and resourceful! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great job he has done..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris did a great job! My hubby likes to build things also in his spare time. Nice to see the men of the house crafting as well as us gals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris did a great job! My hubby likes to build things also in his spare time. Nice to see the men of the house crafting as well as us gals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Chris! Yay! :) Love that little purse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy! Chris's leather goods are awesome! I think its great that he makes time to be creative. Its good for the soul and the blood pressure!

    Have a happy week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy