Thursday, September 16, 2010

And it rained...

...and it is *still* raining as I type. It's a slower day today. Rain does that to us, doesn't it? Gives us a reason to slow down. The children and I have found plenty to do though! Today, we took summer clothes from their dresser drawers and replaced them with the fall/winter clothes that had been neatly tucked away during the warmer weather. Now all summer items (that will still fit next year) are folded and stored till the weather turns warm again, next spring.

Napkins were freshly pressed and folded...



We have worked on schooling...

Much needed *rest* was gotten this afternoon, after a delicious lunch of chicken salad sandwiches (on homemade buns...yum!) and salad...

And I had a little time to work on my knitting. I am working on a baby blanket.

It's my *own* pattern. :) It's the first pattern I have ever made. It's going pretty well, so far! :)
When I am finished...I will share the pattern with you, if you would like!

I hope you are enjoying your Thursday...rain or shine, as well! :)
Planning on making meatloaf for supper, this evening! Always a favorite in our house!
Warm wishes to you!
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

15 comments:

  1. So many things can be done on a rainy day...so many good things! I love the baby blanket. What pretty colors!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel calmer just reading your post. It has rained here too in Lansing, Michigan. I wish we could all take an afternoon nap. Thanks for sharing. SUE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send it my way please. we haven't had but a few sprincles. We aren't allowed to burn our trash even. We have nap time to after lunch. Love the colors of the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    I love the pumpkin in your window so cute....and your house always looks so warm and inviting....just lovely. Your baby blanket looks like it is going to be adorable.....is this for Devon??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rainy days! The little blanket looks like it's going to be so cute.
    We had chicken salad for lunch today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love rainy days! Thanks for sharing...I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,I have an award waiting for you to pick up at your convience over at my blog.I want to tell you that your blog has been very inspiring and enjoyable to read your daily thoughts on various things.
    Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, sweet rain! I am ready for a slow, cozy rainy day. Glad you enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. slow going here today too... worked on some stuff for the fall fest.. made clover leaf rolls that actually turned out! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It clouded up here like it would rain but never did. The baby blanket looks like it will be really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It rained here the other night and all day yesterday looked like it would rain but instead got windy and was truly a fall day.

    My kiddos and I have been so sick all week that we have taken naps each day and it has felt so good.

    Love the blanket colors can't wait to see the finished product.

    Hugs,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the finished baby blanket! It looks lovely so far with soothing colors.

    I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy,

    I am a new follower of your blog. I love reading about you and your family. I homeschooled my four for fourteen years - now I homeschool "vicariously" through blogs such as yours. I loved the pic of your little one napping. How precious that he can be in the warmth and security of home, resting with the sound of the rain on the roof, rather than being weary in the chaos of a public school classroom. Children NEED rest and rejuvenation, as we all do. I will enjoy checking back in on you!
    Anna Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love rainy days :) Being from PA as well I know how welcoming the rain was on this day because of the lack of rain we've been dealing with...the rain was so refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy