Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Improvement Progress

Many of you who have been reading my blog for a while, know that our home renovations move at a tortoise speed...we do what we can, when we can. We never go into debt and we do most projects by ourselves. It has taught this generally impatient gal how to *be* more patient (I notice how my faith and maturity with age helps with that too!)! :)

We are blessed to have family who help when they can. Chris's Uncle Ron (kneeling in above picture) helped Chris box in the windows. Chris *can* do it and did the other side of the house on his own...but is slow going at it and it ends up being an obstacle for him. Uncle Ron does this sort of thing for a living so he is a *pro*! They were able to, quickly, get around the windows done! Chris was very thankful for the help!

Then, this past Saturday, Chris's brother kindly came over for a majority of the day to lend a hand hanging the siding!

They worked and laughed...and laughed and worked. It's always a joy to do a *job* with someone you enjoy being around! Chris and his brother are great friends. Never a dull moment with them.

Almost done!...

Hurray! Fantastic! :) Next year's project is to replace the upstairs window in the dormers (on both sides of the house and in the front) and then side all that, as well.

We also will start working in our addition (in the back) to make the downstairs into a mud/laundry room, pantry and living room! Oh I have such great plans for in there! Then, when we can move our old living room area into the *new* living room area...then we will move the schoolroom into where the *old* living room used to be and then we will take that front sunroom and open it up and make it into a REAL porch! :o) Did I confuse you? If so...just trust me that *one day* it will be just perfect and I wish I could show you the plans in my head! ;)

We need to get siding on the front of the house...but it is *in* the sunroom at the moment...so when that is an official *porch*, we can get the front sided too so everything matches and looks perfect! :)

I have many other things I would love to share...however, time is not in abundance. Schooling takes up a large chunk of my day...as well as cooking/baking/cleaning/laundry. Right now, the children need a bath and tucked into bed and I need to get to bed soon, as well. It will be time to pray and sleep so I can wake up and do it all again tomorrow! I am so very thankful for the journey God has me on. :) Not every day is perfect or easy...but each day *is* a new day He has made and I try my very best to *rejoice and be glad in it*.

Thank you, thank you for sharing in my excitement with me! I hope you are enjoying your week. I am sending my warmest wishes out to each one this beautiful day. :) May your heart be full of peace and joy...overflowing with love.
Cheerfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

15 comments:

  1. wow ~ it's beautiful, and it's always extra special when you can save money by doing it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying as you go is the best way. I love your little country house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have been reading for awhile and I definitely see lots of improvement. Your house is looking so nice, Katy and So big!!
    Thanks for sharing. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is great & will even be greater when all finished. A big home full of family & lots of love. I like you have the plans in my head for my dream homestead & garden. I spent the biggest part of today designing my dream veggie garden & potting shed in my head. With a little help from magazine photos. May all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now and LOVE it when you show the progess to the house. It looks beautiful!! Our home is the same color!! I can't wait to see what's around the corner with the addition. God bless!!!

    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks great! You must be ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy your home is awesome,just
    recently found your blog now
    I'm a follower !!! I love your
    Country Home... Blessing to you

    hugz... Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blessed you are to have such a helping family! It is all looking so good. Love it when a plan comes together...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful! I love the plan in your head part...I too have lots of plans. We live in 100+ year old house. Tell your husband, "Great Job!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. The siding is looking great! Parts of our home are still a work in progress and I know how great it feels to get even a little bit accomplished. That is a wonderful addition you all have added. What a blessing the space will be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy...All the hard work is paying off! I love the color!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, it looks great! And I know it will be so worth it to have your home the way you want it. Sometimes waiting is a good thing too, because if we all get everything we want instantly, we soon find that we can't be satisifed and nothing is enough.
    Have a happy week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. its coming along so nicely..YOure both lucky to have people to help, you save a bunch by doing it yourselves..
    have a nice wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy