Wednesday, September 22, 2010

From Today...

Just a few photos from around the house today...

Jaxson working on some *school work* while singing and eating an apple...this boy is a great multi-tasker! ;) A is for apple....Jaxson loves to eat apples and learn about apples too! :)

Madelyn....
Xavier did his schooling today, as well...but alas, it seems I didn't get a picture of him.

The boys looking at a book together...



A warm and cozy living room in the morning...


Leaves outside the window, changing ~ aren't they gorgeous?

Corners of the dining room...always changing. Sometimes just little things, sometimes a big rearrangement. :)

My white dishes are gone. Gifted to a friend in need. I am *so* thankful that God provided them to me so that He could have them given to her. I love how He always supplies just what is needed. Amazing care and abundant love He gives, freely.



In the bathroom...

Some infant hats I have knitted in the past, but not shown yet. :)


Roses from my secret prayer sister, at church. Aren't they just lovely? There was a yellow one, as well...but Jaxson accidentally knocked them over at one point and it broke off right at the top of the stem. He felt awful...but I think the flowers still look beautiful! :)

Days are filled with lots of learning, baking and laundry, running errands, reading and cleaning. We are most definitely busy...but the kind of busy that keeps a family going. A *good* type of busy. They are full days doing what we do best ~ making memories and spending time together. :)

The fall festival is nearing...on Saturday. Chris went out and mowed the field this evening and then he and the children picked up the piles of cuttings and put them into the trailer while I drove the truck (that pulled the trailer).

Tomorrow is Chris and my 10 year wedding anniversary. I am a very blessed woman, indeed. While reading poetry last night, before bed, I came across a poem that I thought expressed my feelings so well! (I will share it just below.) Thank you for visiting. I always enjoy your comments and emails. Wishing you a beautiful second half to your week!

Lovingly,
Katy

To My Dear and Loving Husband
Anne Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we;
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor aught but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live in love let's so persevere
That when we live no more we may live ever.


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

17 comments:

  1. Happy 10th anniversary (almost:) I love to stop by here, you make your blog so cozy..just like your home I imagine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the photo's of your home
    just lovely,the Old window with
    the Barn Star is awesome, Especially enjoy the poem,I also
    write poems, TFS!!!
    May you and hubby have a blessed
    Happy 10th Anniversary, Love your Blog..

    Prim Blessings

    Hugs...
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy~ Loved all the pictures of around the house. I really like pictures of everyday things. what books of poetry do you read? Also where do you get your great quotes? Sorry for all the questions but sometimes I would love to find a quote but don't know where to find them.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. your home is so cozy! i really am loving the high dark green shelf that you put watnots on. very clever. it brings the eye up! like the changing leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I enjoyed the views of your home. The Fall leaves out the window are so pretty. I look forward to the change here in the South.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Hope you do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary ( : Hope you two do something special...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! May you be blessed with many more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND HUBBY! May God bless you with many more.

    The pictures of your house are wonderful....so cozy and warm. Thank you for sharing. I love your blog. I love to come here to read and relax.

    Have a great weekend!

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy your blog so much. Lots of inspiration and beautiful pictures to enjoy. It warms the heart and brings on a relaxation.

    Happy anniversary to you both and enjoy.

    Many blessings
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pics and a beautiful poem, I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! I love seeing pictures of your home. It really is warm and cozy! Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for posting the poem. It was really nice.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cozy home! Don't you love being cozy on chilly fall days? We also homeschool and our favorite place to do school in the winter is in front of the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful roses and pics of around the house and also your children..
    love your baby hats, lovely, just lovely..
    Have a lovely day..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 10th Anniversary! Wishing you many many more. I always love visiting your blog. The pictures of your home are lovely.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy seeing the kids doing school and enjoying their lovely days at home with you. Your home is so cozy. I just love the shelves in the dinning area, such a lovely space. Great Job on the knited hats! Wow. I am far from hats but with this new circle knitting board there may be hope yet :P I am still working a purple prayer shawl for my daughter, hope to have that done soon. We celebrated the first day of fall yesterday...still no leaves changes yet here in TX, but it is cooling off some.
    Having a prayer sister is a lovely thought. What a blessing.
    Happy 10 years of blessed Union with your wonderful man. Have a lovely time this week end. warm hug, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy