Monday, September 27, 2010

Comfort In His Voice

It's raining. It's quite gray and cloudy and dismal out. Although usually on days like today, I enjoy cozying up to read with the children or spend time knitting while they play...I haven't done those things today. Housework, laundry, bread baking and schooling have taken up too much of the day to really sit much....which is okay....but instead of the cozy feeling of being snug in my dry and relaxing home ~ I am feeling a bit down.

I called Chris at work, quickly (although I don't like to do that much...no need for me to bother him...and I am quite blessed he works for my parents) but today...I just needed to hear his voice. He comforts me so. When I feel anxious or sad or frazzled...Chris's voice makes me feel safe and peaceful. I am so thankful for the man God blessed me with. He knew exactly who I needed.

As I thought about my need for him(Chris)...I also thought about my need for Him. I think we are to have this same sense of peace and assurance as we read God's Word and know His love for us! When times get hard and stressful....when you feel weary and drained ~ His sweet and loving voice is what we need to feel that feeling of calm and security. He *is* our everything. He is what we need to fill that hole in our hearts.

A sweet, Godly woman was speaking about this to a few of us, yesterday, at church. How we try to fill that hole with other things...and ultimately we can only be truly satisfied when Jesus Christ fills our heart. :)

That was on my heart today...and although my day has been busy and there is still more to do...I wanted to share it, quickly, before I forgot. :o) *Although, if it is something God wanted me to share...He would have made sure I didn't forget, huh? :)*

Yesterday, after church, we came home and had lunch and then each took some time for an afternoon rest (And Chris watched some football!). Afterwards, Chris decided to get out his bow for some target practice...the boys were excited to watch him! :)



The littles got out the wagons and had fun playing outside in the cool air...


Pumping up tires, because wagons just don't want to *go* without air in their tires! ;)


Stu the dog, or um....sheep ;) also wanted to check out the wagons...

Madelyn taking X for a ride....


Chris's parents came over for supper, last evening. We had chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet corn. It was nice to spend some relaxing time with them...talking and laughing! The children gave each of them a foot rub, as well...which they thought was such a treat! :)

Although I don't get too excited for the super short days ahead as winter creeps upon us...I must admit, that the earlier darkness does give me a lovely excuse to have the house lit with candles and lamps...it is so peaceful and relaxing and I treasure when it can be enjoyed! :)

Candles are lit around the house, today, as well. The house smells wonderful and we are all keeping busy with our daily tasks! :)

Little ones rest while older ones study...

Jax fell asleep sitting up! :) You can always tell when he falls asleep...his breathing gets really deep and rhythmic.

I have dough rising in the kitchen and need to get supper started. I just wanted to stop and share what was on my heart and also a few photos. :)

Also... the fall festival went absolutely wonderful and I will be sharing some pictures from it, soon! :)

Warm wishes for a delightful evening ahead! xo
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. I needed those words of comfort today. I have been going through some things. It's hard to remember to lean on him instead of trying to do things on your own. Your house looks so cozy. I am lighting more candles these days too. Fall is here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an encouraging post. Thank you. Your home looks so inviting. I need to light more candles. I did make bread today and love smelling it in the oven. You are blessed. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with my husband. Especially these last couple of weeks. He has been working outta town and comes home on the weekends..I so love to hear his voice. I loved this post..very comforting. Love the candles..I need to get somemore myself.
    Have a great evening,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so beautiful in the sofy glow of candlelight. I hope you are feeling better, I will keep you in my prayers. Can't wait to see the fall fest pictures.
    Have a lovely evening.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. His words shared by you were for me also at this time. The warm glow of candles & the wonderful scents always make a home more cozy. I am burning a new tart Hillbilly Brew. Wishing you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by to take a peek at your blog today, and have so enjoyed this post and some of the posts that I missed!

    I also love to hear my husbands voice, especially when I am having a bad day, or just feel melancholy. I think it's wonderful that you feel that way too! And, I am also thankful to the Lord, for His love for us - what comfort and reassurance I feel from Him...and He's only a prayer away.

    Cute pictures of your children, and your home, it looks so warm and cozy ..:0)

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You truly are blessed when we have The Lord in our lifes,And yes we all forget at times to lean upon him. I also needed those comforting words, Thanks for sharing!!!

    Prim Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, your house looks really cozy! :) It is looking really good on the outside as well.
    Sorry you have had a sort of 'off' day. I get that way at times. I think it may be a hormone deal, but thankfully it will pass.
    God Bless and I enjoyed sharing in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love the cozy glow of candles and all the fallish ways to rejoice! I thank HIM each and everyday for that day and all it held, taught me or allowed me to share. Thanks for sharing your day Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such an Autumn person! I love the coziness of the early evenings...last night we lit candles and read...I need that slow down time.

    I love your cozy home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mad always gets the shaft since she is too big for the boys to pull in the wagon! although, maybe they do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. were your ears burning this weekend. i shared with my business group how i want to bring some of your goodness into my household. your pictures of your children reading to each other in an overstuffed chair has made me make drastic changes lately. you bag is almost ready. darling!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy